Does anyone really think water tastes different?

I'll admit there are a couple brands of bottled water that taste like the bottle that it's been sitting in...but I wouldn't not drink it. My husband only likes one kind, and will literally drink something else if he's offered certain brands of water. I drink it all! lol How about you?
He literally won't buy the other water, if his "Ice Mountain" isn't at the store...he'll go somewhere else to get it...*eye roll* lol

CAGirl4

Asked by CAGirl4 at 6:24 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Food & Drink

• There is one called Arrowhead around here and it is horrible. Most of the others taste the same to me, but that one IS gross!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:38 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Yes, the water source picks up different minerals etc, so they do taste different. I've also noticed that the pH also makes a difference. So I do have ones I prefer.
    Awakened1

Answer by Awakened1 at 6:29 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• They do taste different. I like Dasani and the Walmart brand. I too will not drink any other kind. Most taste salty to me.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:25 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• They all have a different taste to me, but there are very few that I don't like. Like you said, they taste like the bottle. But if the store doesn't have one that I prefer, I'll just grab a different one.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 6:26 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I like dasani best but other than that it all tastes the same.
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 6:25 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• lol, i hear ya..i used to ONLY drink the nestle bottled water..but to save money, i only drink britta now..but theres so many people i know that will ONLY drink a certain brand..they claim they can taste the difference...i only drank the one kind before, because it was cheap, and always on sale..lol..its water!!!! how different can they be?? i mean, unless theyre flavoured.but that stuff is disgustin.IMO!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 6:27 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• i like the kold rock we have at work, but thats not bottled. I prefer spring water over purified water lol. I am picky i think i just have really sensitive taste buds.
    Trotterswife

Answer by Trotterswife at 6:27 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Yea, I think they taste different, but I no longer ever used bottles water, it is a huge waste.
    wendy46121

Answer by wendy46121 at 6:40 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Absolutely. Dasani, Voss, and Fiji taste the best to me. My husband never believed the difference, then I told him to set up a taste test. He used tap water, Dasani, Walmart brand, and Arrowhead (which I'm pretty sure the name changed, but I'm not sure what it is now), and I chose right on every one of them. That shut him up, lol. Tap water is the WORST to me, and I can't drink it.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:39 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I am a little picky about water. I don't want to taste anything! My tap water tastes like it came out of a garden hose. My "filtered" water from our refrigerator dispenses tastes a little salty. I like purified or distilled water with no taste. Sometimes I buy nursery water with fluoride. But, if there's not much choice, I'll drink any COLD water. :)
    AzAngie

Answer by AzAngie at 6:43 PM on Jun. 26, 2010