Weird dreams and it makes me feel awkward at work

I have this guy working under my supervision. It's usually me and him along with one other person on our team. He's an easy going guy and we always talk/flirt. Nothing bad, we are both married, we are happy both have young kids we don't mean anything by it. It's just that typical guy/girl fun. All of us coworkers do. Well the other night I had a dream that he kissed me and I went with it and we had a one night fling.

Now I feel awkward when I'm around him and he noticed! No way would I tell him why! But he asked me if I was pissed at him or something because I wasn't as talkative as usual!

I feel so weird around him now. What do I do? Only honest answers please. No bashing, I've been through an affair when my husband had one so I'm not going to do that to my family nor do I have any interest in this guy other than a friend!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• No worries, it was just a dream.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:56 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• It'll go away, lol. I wouldn't tell the guy though, that would probably make him feel awkward too!
    iloveconan

Answer by iloveconan at 6:57 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Oh my goodness, this same thing happened to me many years ago. I was working at a restaurant, and there was this guy that I was friendly with (he worked there too). I thought he was cute, but that was it. Then one night I had this really, er, explicit dream about he and I and I felt so incredibly strange around him from then on. It's like this dream made me feel attracted to him. I even felt jealous when he started dating somebody, even though I was married! I never said anything to him or acted on it in any way, and eventually, the power from that dream just sort of wore off. It did take a while though. Sorry, I don't have any advice other than for you to just wait it out, unless you're ready to start looking for another job :)
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 6:58 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Dreams about having sex with a friend just means you REALLY like their friendship and nothing more.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:58 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I would try to accept that it was only a dream and a lot of times it is natural.

It doesnt necessarily mean anything... we all dream weird things every once in awhile. Just remember that its your job and you have to work with him so the sooner you can forget it about the easier things will get at work again.
    Good luck. I work with my ex who has his fiance working with him so I know how akward situations at work can be, although mines different from yours. Just try to forget it.
    Trotterswife

Answer by Trotterswife at 6:59 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• It was your dream and no one needs to know about it. Enjoy your dreams! Sweet Dreams.........
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:00 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Listen, it's a dream. That's all it is. Your brain overexaggerates what we think about sometimes. Your "Flirting" in a dream goes way beyond that. There's no harm in it, there's no intention in it, and it's perfectly natural. All you have to remember is that it never actually happened. That you're not going to actually do it, I hope. Just keep your dreams to yourself. Infact have a little fun with yourself .. I mean, enjoy the dream and enjoy that your brain is still kicking. He doesn't need to know, nobody does.
    Don't make this dream put a rift in your friendship. Just let it be only a dream.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:34 PM on Jun. 26, 2010