have you lost weight by cutting out soda alone?

My name is Melissa and I'm addicted to Dr. Pepper!

Just wondering if I simply (ugh!) eliminate soda from my diet if I will see a noticable drop in weight. Even if I don't make any other major changes.

Mel_in_PHX

Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 7:03 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• You will, but it will be a gradual thing. The worst will be the first week or two, getting your body used to not taking in all the caffeine and sugar. But if you push through, you'll feel great and accomplished.

Try drinking only water for just one day. Every time you want a soda, drink a glass of water. At the end of the day, you may have a caffeine headache, but you'll feel better for doing something good for your body. You'll lose maybe a pound or two of water weight in the first few weeks, and it will gradually come off over the course of a year.

But if you want to see a REALLY noticeable difference, you'll have to exercise and cut calories in other areas of your diet. Good luck!

caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:08 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• You will notice a lot of changes, but you may not neccisarily see a drop in weight alone. Inches go first before fat. It depends on your body and it depends on your eating habits outside of soda. It can help, yes, but we can't tell you if it will show dramatic changes.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:09 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Dropping the sugar out of your diet can definitely have positive effects. Adding exercise will help as well.
    If you don't like the taste of water, add some fresh lemon or lime juice.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 7:14 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• yes
    honey27

Answer by honey27 at 7:33 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Yes! I lost 10 lbs in 2 months by going from Pepsi to Diet.

Answer by missanc at 8:17 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Yes, but like all weight loss methods - that one works better for men *sigh* I cut out pop and drop 5 pounds. DH cuts out pop and drops 20.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:03 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I personally have lost weight that way before. Water is the best to drink if you are trying to lose weight.
    b_rod

Answer by b_rod at 7:06 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I hate water. Its blah...
    Mel_in_PHX

Comment by Mel_in_PHX (original poster) at 7:07 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• yes.i lost ten pounds in two weeks by doing just that
    Kiki_pie1979

Answer by Kiki_pie1979 at 10:00 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I dropped almost 10 pounds after 2 weeks of no soda. It is worth it and my energy level was so much better.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:57 AM on Jun. 27, 2010