What can I say when people ask if this is my last child?

I know people talk bad about me, I've heard it. People make rude comments all the time about me having 4 kids. Like "when are you going to do something about that?". It's so offensive. And I'm sick of it. I'm done telling people I'm getting my tubes tied, it's none of their business. What should I say to not be really rude, but to let them know that maybe they shouldn't ask questions like that?
(not sure which category would fit this)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• That is so rude when people say that to you. I know you WANT to say its none of their darn bees wax don't you. I would tell them how happy having four children make you and your family and hope they get the message. GGGGggrrrrrr rude folks make me ill. Hang in there Mama
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:09 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I always try to embarrass people when they ask rude questions that are none of their business. So I would say...

"I keep telling {Steve} to keep his dick to himself, but he is just a horny dog... what is a girl to do?"
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:08 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• That's a tough one, I've expirienced that to....I'm preg with our 4th. I really feel like we're done after this one...so I tell people we're done, but I don't know how i'll feel 5 years down the road when our kids (all under 3) are older and in school and stuff. So that's what I say..."for now yeah, but I dont' know how i'll feel 5 years down the road".....
    Really think about it, and give an honest answer. If you think they're rude then tell them, they're rude...if your going to have more then say "nope, not done yet" and change the subject :)
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 7:09 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• "No, we're trying for our own sports team" then walk away.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 7:09 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Just tell them "What my husband and I decide is best for us is what we'll do." Then leave it at that.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:08 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Why not just say that you feel that it's personal and you will stop having children when you feel it is necessary. After all, what is right for some is not the same for others. Just because they think you should have stopped already is none of their business.

Don't let them get to you. After all it's not like having a big/large family was never the 'norm'.
    Awakened1

Answer by Awakened1 at 7:08 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I would either have s smart remark like "no I plan to have a few more." or just tell them that you dont like the way people ask or that it really isnt any of their business what You are going to do.
    xoladinluvxo16

Answer by xoladinluvxo16 at 7:09 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I would look them up and down and ask..."why did you HAVE kids?"
    turtle68

Answer by turtle68 at 7:10 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I can't imagine people saying such rude things. :(
    Say you will be done when you are done and leave it at that. If you say it in just the right way maybe they will get the clue that it was a very rude thing to ask in the first place.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 7:13 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Id just smile and walk off.

If I couldnt walk off then Id say we are done when we feel we are done...to each their own.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:11 PM on Jun. 26, 2010