What do you do to "redo" a room in your house with very little money?

momof3inTN

Asked by momof3inTN at 7:13 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Home & Garden

• You can rearrange furniture, add some fresh flowers... move some knick knacks from one room into that room... I do a lot of swapping from my bedroom, people dont see my bedroom so when i move stuff from it into my living room they think its new. Add some photos... you can take pictures out of a magazine (carefully) get a frame from dollar tree and place it in it. Or use your kids art work.
    Trotterswife

Answer by Trotterswife at 7:17 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I vacuum the furniture and move it all around. Does wonders.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 7:15 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Paint it's cheap and can change the whole feel and look :)
    nickynova

Answer by nickynova at 7:16 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Switch up the position of your furniture and/or exchange pieces out. Hit up yard sales EARLY in the morning as well as craigslist.com for different lights, decor, furniture etc. Redo the coverings on furnature, or make covers for them as well as covers for pillows for your couch or bedding for a bed. A new coat of paint is always nice. Frequent Marthastewart.com and other sites like countryliving.com.....to find ideas. They've got tons! I email subscribe to a handful and they've got quick tips and tutorials on how to redo just about anything on a dime.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 7:19 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• do what you can with what you have. we saved and made a way to paint and redo our floors. we shopped around to see where we can get the best deals with good quality. we still are not finished. now we are going to save to do a little more, first we have to shop and budget it, so we know how much to take out of eat check and put in savings.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 7:19 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Move around everything .. Pictures, knick knacks, furniture, etc.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:42 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Paint, new curtains, new throw rug, rearrange the furniture.

Answer by Bmat at 8:26 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• i try collecting decor items for spring/summer and then stuff for winter/fall...i change out the photos and frames depending on the season (at xmas time i'll hang winter or xmas pics and around easter i'll pull out my son's easter photos). i have different vases w/ artificial flowers for the different seasons, and then some nic-nacs to decorate with. i sometimes move my wall hangings around but not often. and i hit up yard sales frequently to find all of this stuff for only a few cents to a few dollars
    Elizabeth1015

Answer by Elizabeth1015 at 10:20 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• There are some pretty great ideas listed. Paint is a good option, but can sometimes be hard to do, for various reasons. You can easily buy new throw pillows, a couple of framed pictures, some knick-knacks, a throw rug, some new curtains. Changing the colors you accent the room with can make a lot of difference.
    MommyLady

Answer by MommyLady at 12:55 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• i would paint, and add new baseboards and crown molding if there was a little extra money!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:46 PM on Jun. 26, 2010