What to do with panelling???

My living room is all paneled. I really don't like paneling. I would love to remove the paneling but that's not an option. Any ideas?

Asked by momof3inTN at 7:15 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Well, since your husband likes it he won't have to lose it. Painting it a nuetral color can enhance the detail in the paneling. Actually making it look nicer then it did previously. If he has choice in the color he might be more willing to paint it.

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:40 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Can you paint it? Some can be painted.

Answer by Brandi300 at 7:17 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• We are painting ours. My neighbor painted hers and it really looks nice!

Answer by layh41407 at 7:19 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I would love to paint it. I'm not sure how my husband would feel about it though (he likes the paneling). At least it's one of the higher quality, nicer looking paneling. But still... it's getting a little old. At least with paint, when I get tired of a color I can repaint. LOL But with paneling, I'm always stuck with paneling.

Comment by momof3inTN (original poster) at 7:20 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Yeah paint it for sure. I hate panneling! ugh

Answer by CAGirl4 at 7:22 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Depending on if it is real wood or Fake you could sand it down and restain it as well.

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:41 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• We had paneling at our house growing up. My Mom had it painted and it looked so much better afterwards. Definitely paint!

Answer by kc932 at 10:10 PM on Jun. 26, 2010