is decreased fatal movement normal in last tri mester?

lmonroe87

Asked by lmonroe87 at 7:21 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Ive heard its normal, because the baby is running out of room.
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 7:24 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• It's not actually always decreased, it can be just that the movements are less noticeable because the little one is more cramped. Howevery, you still do want to count the movements to make sure you have enough. You doctor will be able to tell you how many he would like you to have during a certain time period.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:24 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Movements are expected to decrease a little bit, due to space restrictions.. But not dramatically. I would bring it up with your doctor and he/she can explain kick counting and how many you should feel within an hour and such.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 8:19 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• This is my third pregnancy and with both my girls they quit moving as much in the last few weeks due to a lack of room. But this time I am having a boy and he is still moving a lot, and I am almost 39 weeks pregnant. I have heard that it is different for the different genders and in my experience I would have to agree. But to answer your question yes it is normal for the little one to not move as much.
    pcricket1008

Answer by pcricket1008 at 9:58 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I actually experienced the same thing and i got soo worried. i went to my dr and told them that i wasnt feeling the baby move as much and they did a test where they can tell when the baby is moving. and i actually wasnt feeling half of hte movement lol so if you are really concerned call and ask your dr.
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 10:10 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Yes - like others said, it's not that Baby is moving less, it's that it's not as noticeable. Carter had turned around so the movements were being directed toward the inside and I wasn't feeling them. If you're super worried, ask your dr for a stress test! They just strap you to a monitor and check for the movements.
    PrincessZ20

Answer by PrincessZ20 at 11:32 AM on Jun. 27, 2010