California and Pot

I heard a while ago that California was trying to pass a recreational use law for pot. Did that go through? Just curious.

purpleducky

Asked by purpleducky at 7:22 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't think that has been voted on yet. I could be wrong though.
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 7:23 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• don't think it did.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 7:23 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Not that I know of, but I do know that in northern California, it's decriminalized. My husband is from Mendocino county and has a bunch of family there, and while it's not "legalized", under a certain amount, there is nothing they can do to you for it.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 7:25 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• It will be on the Nov ballot I believe.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 7:30 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:51am EDT
    (Reuters) - A California voter initiative that would legalize possession and sale of marijuana has qualified for the November ballot, state election officials said on Wednesday, in what supporters called a "watershed moment" for their cause.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE62O08U20100325

________

I don't know how this will turn out for them; but I do believe at the very least it should be decriminalized. Issue a fine/write a ticket etc...but if they're at home or whatever minding their own business it shouldn't be a jailable offense.
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 7:39 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• No it has not been voted on yet. More power to them. Maybe if everyone is stoned they won't notice how their government is screwing them.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:17 PM on Jun. 26, 2010