Tampon question (TMI) Beware, lol.

Is anyone else not able to use tampons? As long as I've had a period, they hurt me so badly to insert. It's not once they're in, but it is horrible for me to put in. I finally gave up, but I HATE pads. It feels like it's scraping me inside or something. I also almost always have really light periods, so maybe this is why, but I'd love to be able to use tampons. Does anyone else have this problem? I know this is gross, so I apologize.

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 7:24 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Health

• Only the first few periods. If you're putting them in at the wrong angle, it can hurt like crazy. I have a really hard time with cardboard applicators. I think maybe I end up bending back the top piece and it scratches me. The easiest to insert are satin finish plastic applicators.

My personal favorite is Tampax Pearl.

Good luck!
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 7:34 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I only had that problem when I first started using tampons. I had a hard time putting them in all the way, so that made them hurt. But eventually I got the hang of putting them in all the way and never had a problem with them since.
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 7:29 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• :( DusterMommy I just voted you down by mistake!! Im sorry!! I didnt even know that I could vote down yet :( I ment to vote you up!!
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 7:39 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Are you relaxed when you are inserting it? If you are tensing up - it can really hurt.
    I use the plastic vs. the cardboard as well. Look for a tampon that is for a lighter flow too.
    Otherwise - ask your doctor.
    ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 7:51 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Try a sea sponge or menstrual cup and see if that helps. As others suggested make sure you use the plastic and the ones for light flow.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:50 PM on Jun. 26, 2010