Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

This question doesn't fit into any category...but...

ARe there any legal savvy moms here? I am wondering if there is any way to have a judge sign off on a house title to "clear" it without hiring a lawyer? See, two owners back a guy lost the house in a tax auction. That's not the issue. Apparently, he also had liens against HIM (although apparently not the land directly?) for some medical bills, and since he LOST the house, it's still on paper that they are against our land. The hubs was young and naive when he bought the land, so no title search was performed. Now we can't sell it. We've spoken to a lawyer and he said legally these people have no claim to our house anymore, it's just something "left on paper" to make selling it unlikely. He said it was a "technicality." It would cost $1500 to hire him, but could we plea our own case to a judge? Or would we be better off spending the money???

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

Answers (1)
  • Not sure if this would help or not, but you might find the paperwork you need at Legal Zoom. It's worth taking a look to find out.


    Answer by JeremysMom at 7:38 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.