do any of you moms have a play room for your kids?

if not where do you put the extra toys. i'm down sizing and need advice on where to put my kids toys. they have alot of toys.

honey27

Asked by honey27 at 7:41 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I do
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 7:41 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I dont, but I have a room where I keep my sewing stuff and books. I also keep their toys in there.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 7:42 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I do - we made our basement a playroom. And they have their bedrooms. For some reason all their toys still end up in my kitchen though. LOL
    ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 7:42 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• No but I wish I did! The extra toys are decorating my living room!! :)
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 7:42 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I'm very lucky to have a toy room and it is well used.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:43 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• If we had the space/extra room we would totally have a play room. Recently I bought huge platic tubs to put my kids toys in. All of my DD's toys are in her room now, and most of our boys toys are in thier room.
    I recently got rid of some of thier toys, because they seriously have more than they ever play with (thanks to the grandparents...lol). We donated them...not just threw them away.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 7:45 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• We are also lucky enough to have a playroom which is also used well with that being said the living room seems to be where the majority of the toys are. He keeps toys, puzzles, books, and other stuff there so that when he gets bored with the ones in the livingroom he has those to play with.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 7:49 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Yes. We have a finished basement that is half my kids play room with their own TV and DVD player, and half my husband's "man cave!" in which he has his own TV with Satellite for watching his sports! LOL

As for the OP--think SHELVES and BINS when trying to come up with ways to store your childrens toys and games. Too often, people don't use their available wall space. When you add shelves, make sure they are in the wall studs, so they will support heavy books, small wicker baskets for little toys and parts of toys, stuffed animals, etc.

An alternative to shelves would be a colorful/coordinating wall of crates cable tied on their sides (opening facing you) to one another to make a single wall unit--4-5 crates high and as wide as your wall will allow--and use that for books, toys and games. You can store stuffed animals, dolls, board games, etc along the top, too!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:02 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I really wish we had one, but we don't so everytime my child gets a new toy we donate an old one.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 8:04 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• We don't have a play room, and although both my boys have their own rooms, I don't want them to play upstairs alone yet, so most of the toys are downstairs.. I do rotate them... so put some up in tubs for a while and rotate them though, chances are with that many toys your child is overwhelmed by them and doesn't touch many of them. We also have an Ikea storage unit with pull out bins, those work great! and then the good ol toyboxes of course, I also store flat toys and puzzles underneath the couch and stuff.. haha anywhere they will fit without being seen.
    willswifey

Answer by willswifey at 8:29 PM on Jun. 26, 2010