I'm Due in Dec. Should I do my senior year at school or look into home school or something?

I don't want to miss a ton of school and have to do it again or anything.

ClaireWithChild

Asked by ClaireWithChild at 7:42 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• ITs really up to you! If you want to go to school and the school agrees then do it. OFten times the school will work with you. They may be able to have all your work gathered and sent home for you to do after the baby comes. Just talk with someone at your school!
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 7:45 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Go to school until you can't if your talking about high school you will have some kind of winter break if college you need to look at the schedule and see what is best for you. I think it would be better to go though.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:46 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I would stay in school until dec then go on homeschooling. I had my dd when i was 16 i went to school in august until i went into labor in sept then was homeschooled.
    had ds at 17 went to school until labor in april then homeschooled for the rest of the year. I know it will be hard but i reall suggest staying in school if you can.
    Trotterswife

Answer by Trotterswife at 7:46 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I'd stay in school. Many schools have classes just for pregnant students. My dd did that. In our area they didn't want the liability of them getting hurt bumping in the halls with other students so they have a special area of classes for pregnant girls. Call the school board and ask them what they offer in your area

Answer by admckenzie at 7:46 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• p.s. after she had her son she still attended the special area just for pregnant and new moms. They were allowed to take their babies with them so they didn't have to require a sitter

Answer by admckenzie at 7:47 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I'm not sure I like the idea of special classes. I never heard of that so maybe my school doesn't do it. I guess I'll find out when I go back in a month. Oh and it's highschool sorry.
    ClaireWithChild

Comment by ClaireWithChild (original poster) at 7:49 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I would talk to your principal or school counselor. See if they'd be able to give you info on what they're policy is. A friend of mine had her baby in the middle of her Senior year, and they school allowed her to do some assignments ahead of time and catch up on the rest after she was back.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 7:51 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I would go to school as long as possible, then switch to homeschool when you are closer to having the baby. You also might want to look in to getting extra work from your classes. It would be so much easier to bust your ass while you're pregnant to try and graduate early, than have to deal with trying to get all your school work done with a new baby so you can graduate on time. Good luck!
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 7:54 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• It might be difficult to bond with the baby if you go back right away. I'm not saying you won't but you'll want to spend as much time with the baby as possible. I would recommend virtual school. Florida has it. You could finish before your baby is even here. Whether you go back or home school, make sure you get that diploma girl. That baby is counting on you. :]
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 7:56 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Does the district have a school for mothers?

Answer by rkoloms at 8:12 PM on Jun. 26, 2010