Ok I REALLY need some help feeling better with morning sickness...or rather ALL DAY sickness!

I have tried eating the crackers and stuff...I am hungry all day long, but can only eat very small portions.....and of course nothing sounds good...but I feel a bit better with a full tummy.

But anything....any ideas at all???? Something that helped you maybe?

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 7:54 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I did saltines, sucked on chocolate and/or peppermint. That got me through and breathe through your nose not your mouth. Take deep breathes

Answer by admckenzie at 7:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Hmmmm.....small meals. Try to get some protein in, that really helped keep me feeling well. Also, keep drinking water. If you are dehydrated you will feel more sick. Peppermint gum helped me feel better as well!
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 7:56 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Strong peppermint candies.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:57 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I ate several small meals throughout the day. Most of my sickness was in the late afternoon, so I made sure to eat something before I got sick. Also, have you tried those morning sickness suckers? They didn't work for me but they worked for my friend.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:09 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• You can speak with your doctor if you are unable to eat anything, and he/she can prescribe you Zofran. It helped me soooo much with all of my pregnancies. I took it when I started to feel sick.. Waited about 45 mins, and it went away and I was able to eat.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 8:17 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Lemon helps reduce nausea. Nothing too sugary though.
    Natural Ginger Tea or Natural Ginger Snaps will help reduce Nausea as well.
    Preggy Pop Drops (Babies 'R' Us) helped some with my first child.

Don't let yourself get really hungry. If you're starting to feel hungry, then go fill up on something. Don't snack, that tends to make it worse I've found. Go make a PB & J sandwich or have a small bowl of Mac and Cheese. It's best to have easily prepared foods on hand, because I've noticed the longer it takes to make a meal the hungrier you get. Which means you get sick quick. So if you cook something make leftovers, so that you'll have something to heat up quick.

Make sure to stay hydrated. Getting dehydrated, even a little, can help cause morning sickness. Drink Gatorade if water makes your stomach upset. I was told to eat things high in protien, that worked for a friend's mom.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:20 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Staying hydrated is your #1 priority. Drink, drink, drink - anything that will stay down. I tried everything with my pregnancies and ended up on medication with both due to not being able to stay hydrated (I was also malnourished). The things that worked best for me though were adding lemon to my water, lemon tea, and drinking lemon sparkling water. Preggie pop drops were ok too. Tator tots also were a life saver in my second pregnancy, raspberry sherbet in my first. Keep on eating in small amounts. If you feel like you can't stay hydrated enough be sure to contact your medical adviser right away! Hope you feel better soon!

YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 9:07 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Please don't think I am crazy...but this worked for me....When I was pregnant with my twins I had such terrible morning, afternoon, and night sickness I could barely hold my head up at times. I was at work when an old lady told me to take several sips of pickle juice everytime the urge to vomit hit me. IT WORKED! That little lady that came in the store that day probably saved me from a very miserable remainder of my pregnancy.
    t_06_twins

Answer by t_06_twins at 9:23 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Lemonade and sea bands... these little wrist bands that trigger an acupuncture point with a hard white ball. Ugly as sin, but miracle workers
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:43 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My dh thinks pickle juice cures everything...lol...he will love that advice :) And truthfully, it does seem like vinegar is good for about anything. :)

I can add a little lemon to my water :) That can easily be done :) And I think our local childrens boutique has those preggie pops in stock...

I want to try my best to not take any meds, I know the dr says they are safe,,,,,,but I just worry. An older friend of mine had bad morning sickness and her Dr assured her that the meds he put her on were completely safe....her baby was born with mental retardation....then about 3 years later they recalled the meds saying they could cause birth defects...not worth it!

They are probably ok,,,,but I am not bad enough to resort to meds just yet... :)
    mom2twobabes

Comment by mom2twobabes (original poster) at 8:14 AM on Jun. 27, 2010