Those who don't vaccinate?

What do you think about the resurgence of the Whooping Cough in CA? There are 95 dead children because the mom didn't vaccinate from fears of the side effects. I think I would have taken the side effects after the reality of this preventable disease struck. Will this change anyone's mind?

jesse123456

Asked by jesse123456 at 8:28 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't care if others choose to vaccinate or not.  I'm glad I do.

Having seen two friends children live through Whooping Cough, I'm glad my kids didn't get it. In both cases, the children's lungs were permanently damaged, and they both get pneumonia frequently.  Any viral infection could send them to the hospital, and both have been hospitalized numerous times.  The oldest, a five year old, averages 5 hospitalizations a year over the last five years.  The side affects and damage of the disease out-weigh the side affects of the vaccine, IMO.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:18 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I really do hope that this WhoopingCough epidemic will change these Moms' minds. I just heard about a Polio epidemic ...if Polio returns , there will be a huge need for the Polio Vaccine . Kids and adults who haven't been vaccinated will be left paralized or they will die. It is a frightening deadly disease. All the childhood diseases can cause death or deafness or many other harmful aftereffects.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 8:40 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• LOL oh polio
    the only reported cases of polio in the US sense the 1950's have been FROM THE VACCINE ITSELF.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:45 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I'm not necessarily anti-vax...but there is a whooping cough pandemic in Austalia, and they report on the vaccination status during epidemics...and the vast majority of people contracting the illness are fully vaccinated. I've also read from a MAINSTREAM site, not an anti-vax site, that the whooping cough vaccine is highly ineffective. Unless the 95 people were also un vaxed, how can you blame the kid who wasn't? The whole point of the vaccine is to prevent the kid from getting it if they come across the illness, right? So apparently, if that many kids STILL got it... the vaccine obviously doesn't work very well. JMO, I'm still debating on the vaccine issue myself and for now selective vax.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 8:38 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• It wouldnt change my mind.... 95... i heard it was only 5... anyway.

of this "95" or "5" how many were vaccinated? or do they not tell you that part?
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:40 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• any many of the vaccines can cause the sickness they are supposed to be keeping away. along with hundreds of side effects.
    even death.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:43 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I live in CA and there have only been 5 infants. and not because they didn't vaccinate the children but because they couldn't! all 5 babies were under 3 months old and the earliest you can get the vaccine is 2 months. And the vaccines don't offer "immunity" until the children are 4-6 years old after the other doses that are required.

I am not frightened of whooping cough. And it does not make me change my mind.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:44 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• No, because I don't vaccinate for religious reasons. I have other reasons as well but religious reasons play a vital role in my decision to not vaccinate my children.

YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 8:45 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Hello again outstandinglove lol we meet again on this debate ;)
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:47 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• "here are 95 dead children because the mom didn't vaccinate from fears of the side effects"

who said its from moms that didnt vaccinate from fears of the side effects?

LMAO thats not true

http://www.appeal-democrat.com/articles/california-96338-epidemic-cough.html

read correctly the children were all under 3 months, there were FIVE of them not 5 plus 90 and the children were under 3 months and the dTap vaccine is not administered until after 3 months which doesnt take effect until later anyway "if it were to work properly."

Therefore, conclusion is this
    the children died from it from getting it not ffrom not vaccinating.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:54 PM on Jun. 26, 2010