should i go or call the doctor asap?

I am almost 35 weeks, and I have a bad pain in the inside of my legs/pelvis area. It hurts when I move my legs,lift them or try to walk. It just hurts alot. Ive had a couple of cramps, it felt like I was going to get my period. My mom and aunt say I might be "opening" and that the 2nd pregnancy is always sooner/faster. They want me to go to the doctor/hospital, but i dont want to go and look like an idiot for being like "my legs/back hurt". what do yall think? Is is something I should be concerned about?

By the way, I googled it, and I do lay down on my side with a pillow between my legs and yea I dont feel anything, but once I try to get up, I want to cry from the pain...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:34 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Always ask your doctor.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 8:36 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• i would atleast call.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:36 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I'd call my OB and find out what he/she would like me to do. It is his/her responsibilty to make sure you and baby are safe and not at risk for pre-term labor. No need to rush to the hospital without calling first to be sure that it's the right thing to do.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:37 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Better safe than sorry....
    TwinkleC

Answer by TwinkleC at 8:37 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• If you are crying out in pain when you get up, you should go to the ER. Whether or not it's labor is irrelevant, you are in pain and don't know why. Better safe than sorry.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:37 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• i think it maybe a pinched nerve, but i would go in any way better besafe than sorry!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 8:37 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• well as you know pregnancy does a lot of strange things to the body, and you said that your legs were hurting and your back...that far along it may just be that the baby is pinching a nerve in your back. my bff was very small and her baby pinched her nerves so bad that she needed a wheelchair to walk. she said it felt like her back was breaking and her legs would go numb. but labor pains wouldnt ease up no matter how you laid and it would get worse the longer you have them so try laying down and see if it helps or the pain starts back up again, and if it is truly bothering you then call!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 8:38 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Go to the doctor just to be cautious
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:43 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I had that with my last child and the doctor said it can be cause from the baby being breach or in a bad position. She was not breech and I had the pains for the last month of my pregnancy. It was awful. Good luck.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:49 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I'd call.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:00 PM on Jun. 26, 2010