what are good summer activities for kids

need some more ideas for summer fun.

5forjulie

Asked by 5forjulie at 8:37 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• Swimming pool, water balloons, or sprinkers always kept my kids entertained.
    Sue41

Answer by Sue41 at 8:38 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• well depends on how old, mine are 2 and 4 and on the 1st we are going camping! I cant wait!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 8:40 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I got my LO's a slip-n-slide at dollar store and they LOVE it!
    Keep an eye on local newspapers. There's usually something going on almost every weekend this time of year. Check out the local pool. Ours has a really neat kiddie pool and it's only $2 per person. You could get them some water guns and water balloons at dollar tree...
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 8:40 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Honestly, I am also looking for ideas. It is SO hot here, and my son is not a fan of the pool here in town...
    So far we have gone on a road trip out west and gone to the library and farmer's market and movies. I wish we could get out for hikes but it is just TOO hot and humid.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:42 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Carnivals, swimming/sprinklers, going to the beach, going to theme/water parks, blowing bubbles, drawing with chalk on the sidewalk or driveway, and "camping" outside overnight in your backyard! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:44 PM on Jun. 26, 2010