Please give me some advice

My husband and I had some marital problems a couple of months ago. We decided to try and work things out. Now on my part I am having a problem letting go of what happened between us and now it just seems like either I am getting mad over small things or he isnt trying anymore. The other day my oldest son and I rode with the hubby to get a fridge and the people we were gettin it from had a dog they didnt want the baby around and I had no problem with that, so I sat in the truck with my son and after my hubby and his friend loaded up the fridge he still sat there to bs for over an hour and my son n I were in the truck the whole time. It's little things like that and not calling to tell me he is gunna be late when he says he will be home around 1 and its almost 8 oclock and he hasnt called or anything. Am I overreacting Please help me. Thanks

Iluvmybabies644

Asked by Iluvmybabies644 at 8:45 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• No you aren't overreacting about the truck thing. He was out of line. I'd have been very mad, too. It sounds as though you both need counseling. You aren't happy the way things are, and from what you are saying, he isn't trying.

Answer by Bmat at 8:47 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• no u are not i would have been pissed...did he leave the keys in the car? if he did i would have drove off andleft him there!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 8:48 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I agree with Bmat. He shouldn't have left you waiting in the car with a baby for an hour. That's just plain inconsiderate.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:49 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Nah, I'd definately tell him "I felt ___ when we were left in the vehicle" and "___ when you didn;t show at 1pm nor call or whatever" so he knows how you feel.

I guess next time, "id say "please call if you're not gonna be home at 1 so I'm not looking for you, worrying or waiting on you"
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 8:51 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Have you talk to him about it. I don't mean when you are mad. I mean when your calm. It is very inconsiderate of him.

TwinkleC

Answer by TwinkleC at 8:52 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Maybe you should talk it over with him and explain how it made you feel, so maybe the next time it won't happen, sometimes we get caught up with our talking and forget how time can fly...
    Good Luck :)
    coffeemum72

Answer by coffeemum72 at 9:05 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• No, you are not overreacting as to being upset. My husband one morning went to talk with his buddy right after I had made his lunch and if he had his phone on him I would have called. (He ate it cold and stale, though). I can't even imagine leaving you and your baby in a truck for over an hour. Did you beep the horn? How could his friends not care? Next time don't go and tell him why. He's probably one of those "buddy" type guys and tells himself you already know he will be late. You can watch whatever you like on TV while he is out, you know. Find that silver lining in some places as long as he is good to you overall.
    LauraMi261

Answer by LauraMi261 at 9:37 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Those are not "little things". Leaving his wife and infant son in a truck for over an hour while he shoots the shit with his friend is ridiculous.
    I would have slid over to the driver's seat and driven away. Screw that.

Being 7 hours later than he said he's going to be without so much as a phone call? Also ridiculous. That's just down right inconsiderate.

It sounds like he's still in the "do what I want, when I want and answer only to me" mindset instead of the "I have a family" mindset/

He has some growing up to do.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 11:36 PM on Jun. 26, 2010