What can I do to stop the pain of a sunburn?

I'm not sure how it happened, I wore SPF 70 and was only outside about 20 mins today and now I have a bad almost purple colored sunburn. Its really painful and I feel sick. Are there any ways to prevent it from peeling or to help with the pain besides Aloe which I'm allergic to? TIA

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• dermoplast.... I think that is what it is called, its a skin numbing spray that you can buy at any drug store. It comes in a blue can. Works well for alot of things. make sure to drink lots of fluid you may have a bit of sun stroke or heath exaustion. drink something with electrolites.. like gatorade.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 8:53 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• milk oatmeal bath....... it takes away the fever and the sting. and you wil not peel as bad.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 8:51 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I agree it could be sun poisoning.
    Vinegar and advil will help, but if you are really feeling sick I would get to the doctor.
    Good luck
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:58 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• tylenol for the pain
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:50 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• That could be sunstroke

http://www.dhyansanjivani.org/diseases/Sunstroke.asp

Please go to the doctor!

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:51 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Lidocaine spray. also keep lotion on your skin to keep it hydrated, that way it wont peel. I feel sorry you you, sunburns are the worst!
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 8:52 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Aloe!! It will help with the pain.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:53 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090608125819AATdOVH This suggests either spraying vinegar on it (I assume diluted?) or taking a tea bath.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 8:54 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• white vinegar, "cool" bath/soak -- put washclothes and just keep changing them soaked in vinegar and cool water..
    oatmeal bath... tylenol for pain I guess... and lotion/mostrize as much as possible.
    G.L.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 9:14 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Vinegar, oatmeal paste
    cedailey

Answer by cedailey at 9:37 PM on Jun. 26, 2010