I had to delete my question cause I made a mistake and cant edit it. My son does not and did not have a 104 fever

It is 102.9. Should he go to the hospital since the doctor is closed?

Brandi300

Asked by Brandi300 at 8:51 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• For just a fever probably not unless it gets really high 105 or higher. if he's got other symptoms yes if for no other reason than to give you peace of mind. Not all kids with ear infections will tug on their ears. I always prefer to err on the safe side. If my child isn't acting right I go.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:57 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• i need more info...a fever in and of itself is not necessarily a bad thing....how old is he....is he lethargic...is he drinking...and vomiting/diarrhea? Any other signs of infection???
    If he is otherwise acting normal, than no-just wait it out and use tylenol/ibuprofen. Keep up the liquids and he'll prob be fine in the morning...if he won't drink, isn't urinating and very lethargic then take him in
    connorsmom1970

Answer by connorsmom1970 at 8:54 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Call the doctor and see if there is a doctor on call or an emergency number. If neither of these works, go to an urgent care clinic if there is one. After that then ER, but probably an ER should be the last choice, since usually it involves long waits and germs around.

Answer by Bmat at 8:53 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• It all depends on how he's acting. If he's getting lethargic and dehydrated then yes.If you're able to get fluids into him,then no.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:54 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• lol. I thought it was a typo. I was trying to ask if it was a typo or not and went to enter and it said it was deleted. Anyway, do you remember my answer from before? I'd check for strep. If it looks like strep, I'd take him on in just because fever will get higher and he will feel worse unless he gets anti-biotics. But if it doesn't look like strep, I'd just closely monitor it and if it gets over 103 then take him in.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 8:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• keep pushing fluids to keep him hydrated and give him tylenol and motrin. Also try a luke warm bath to get his fever down. That is all the dr is going to tell you to do. If it goes on for more than 24 hours and you can't get the fever to break, then I would take him in to the hospital. Good luck mama!
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 8:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• He is either screaming or really fussy all day. He has only drank 1 cup apple juice all day
    Brandi300

Comment by Brandi300 (original poster) at 8:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Read this link  http://www.askdrsears.com/html/8/T082100.asp It is very helpful.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:56 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• K thank you ladies! And sorry for the typo! As soon as I read the first answer I was like "oh s**t" Lol! And didn't even bother reading the rest I just wanted it fixed :)
    Brandi300

Comment by Brandi300 (original poster) at 8:58 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• screaming and fussy I would almost promise you he's got an ear infection. ALMOST I've been wrong before.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:59 PM on Jun. 26, 2010