How do you get exercise in this summer?

What are you doing to exercise? I need to get a DVD, as I just don't see any other option working well. But I have never (in my life...GULP!) been an exerciser!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Health

• I have been struggling with the weight gain since I had DD. I went from 185 to 160 ( before DD) then dropped down to 150 (while pregnant with DD). Since having her I've gone back up to 195 in 7 months. I am my toughest critic. I hate going out and even more, shopping. Yeah i'll cry if I keep this up.....Moving, on.

I have tried DVD's, Gyms and the likes. Nothing has worked. A few weeks ago I took a step back and looked back at how Iost the weight before DD. I used to walk my boys to school and walk to pick them up from school. Totaling 1 hour of vigorous walking. In the heat, rain, cold, whatever. Plus I walked to and from the grocery store with my bags. Another 2-3 hours a day or every couple days.

Since then I have been mimicking exactly what I did and I can already see a change. I just hope I can keep it up and not get all laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 9:17 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• i get on my treadmil and run off and on all day!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 9:02 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I have DVDs probably at least 70 different ones. Also swimming and taking walks at the park whle the kids are playing.
    reesemom

Answer by reesemom at 9:03 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• We got to the pool several times a week. I also try to walk if I'm not going to the pool. I'm not much for exercising either but walking is free and easy!
    Sue41

Answer by Sue41 at 9:03 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• We ordered Dance Dance Revolution off Ebay for $30 and we LOVE it! It plugs right into TV. It really gets our blood pumping and we enjoy it.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 9:05 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I get up early and walk, play in our pool with our kids sometimes too
    Healthytomorrow

Answer by Healthytomorrow at 9:15 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• i go to the gum and i have a pilates dvd that i do at home
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 12:35 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I go to a gym when it works into my schedule. I have a DVD that I used for a while. I just ordered a tai chi dvd. I go over to the shopping mall and walk through there.

Answer by Bmat at 9:03 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• swimming, playing with the kids and manual labor (meaning no very dependant on machines as well as home repairs).
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 9:04 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I try to do yoga twice a day. My morning yoga has a little cardio worked into it which is nice. And i do night yoga to help me sleep.
    I try to jog once a week. I'd like to do it more but being a mom makes that difficult. I jog one mile.
    Once a week i take the boys either swimming or skating. And i do it too, so there's a bit more exercise.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 9:12 PM on Jun. 26, 2010