Getting rid of a plantars wart.

I had a small plantar wart on the bottom on my foot a few months ago and had it frozen with liquid nitrogen at a dermatologists office. It was HORRIBLY painful for weeks and finally went away. Well now it has come back with a vengence. Is now the size of a dime and hurts really bad. I would really like to get rid of it once and for all without having go through the pain of having it frozen off again. Does anyone know anything else that works? Its on the heel of my foot.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Health

• I bought this stuff called Planterstat online and it really worked. I had to apply it about 2 or 3 times a day. It kills skin and after it kills all the skin around the wart it kills the wart and for the wart to never return you have to get the "seed" out. It really looks like seeds so after some of you skin starts dying take a foot file that looks like a rock or whatever and sand it down at least once a day and it will get rid of those seeds.
    reesemom

Answer by reesemom at 9:22 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Methods to get rid of plantar warts. Several methods and treatments exist for the removal of these unsightly plantar warts. Salicylic acid. Using salicylic acid, a plantar wart treatment that you can purchase over-the-counter from your local drug store, you can remove a plantar wart in generally about four weeks. The process calls for daily application of acid to the wart, as well as rubbing of the dead skin from the wart. Acid can be applied as a solution always talk to your doctor first
    TwinkleC

Answer by TwinkleC at 9:23 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• burning them off
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:23 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Go to a podiatrist and have them remove it. They have more comfortable techniques than a family doctor to help with the pain control.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 9:33 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• my daughter had one and we took her swimming, her foot got so wrinkled the thing fell off and never came back!
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 9:34 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I had gotten a bunch of them on my foot. I ended up using the salicylic acid, and it wasn't terribly painful. Eventually, the center of the wart just came out. I had odd "holes" in the bottom of my foot for a while, but it healed up fine. Getting rid of them felt sooo much better, and it only took like 2 1/2-3 weeks for me. Good luck!
    Cassidhes_Mom

Answer by Cassidhes_Mom at 11:14 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I was in the same situation recently. My doc tried to freeze it, then tried to burn it after it came back a few weeks later. It came back again after that and they sent me to a podiatrist where they prescibed salicylic acid; I have a high threshold for pain but this was so painful that I stopped doing it after 3 days and looked into alternative treatments. I ended up using apple cider vinegar and duct tape and after 2-3 days, a small chunk of skin fell off my heel, taking the wart along with it. It took about 2 weeks for the hole to close up. I also increased my dosage of probiotics and upped my vitamin C (a natural antiviral) intake since warts are a virus and you can help to combat them by strengthening your immune system.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 10:46 AM on Jun. 27, 2010