How do you tell your lover that you are pregnant?

I have been casually dating this guy Sam for the last 3 months. We have been good friends for the last 3 years and just recently decided to start dating. Well, we have been dating and obviously have progressed to a physical relationship, but we have not decided to be in a relationship as we both recently broke off engagements in the last year. Today, I take an HPT and yep, I am preggers. Actually I am ecstatic to be preggers again being that my daughter is 5 and I have been using the pill and Plan B(just during ovulation though) since we started sleeping together. Crazy odds I know, obviously this kid was meant to be here. lol. I am crazy nervous about telling him. Any ideas on how to break the news in this situation. Its not like when you are in a relationship or married to someone. This has very negative potential.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Well just say it. You could say "No pressure here, but you should know I am pregnant and I plan on keeping the baby. I want to know if you want to be a part of it's life since it is your child." if necessary you could offer a paternity test to be done if he wants to be sure. Do you care about child support?? He needs to know so you can hopefully work out the details. When I was pregnant with my boyfriend's baby I told him I didn't care about child support, but i wasn't going to terminate the pregnancy. He decided to be a part of her life and mine. it worked out great for all of us. Here's hoping you can make something work without alot of drama. Congrats!!!
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:19 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Just tell him in person. ...when your daughter isn't around.
    and hope for the best.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 9:14 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Just invite him over and be honest with him! good luck!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 9:16 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• While I understand your reluctance, it needs to be done. The best way is to just be as forthcoming as possible. I would also do it when it is just the two of you, and do it in person.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:17 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I agree with twoautisticsmom, tell him your plans and ask what he thinks about it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:34 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• That's a hard one. I say just tell him straight out but I know that's easier said than done. You never know maybe he will be as happy as you are.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 9:16 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• i'm with outstanding love. just tell him and hope for the best. expect all kinds of reactions rolled into one. be very open with him about your feelings about it.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:17 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Maybe if you put it in a positive creative way like write "congrats dad" on a cake.
    Wait until you go in for your first ultra sound then show him the slides.
    Take a pic of Test and say something like "I saw the coolest thing today, you've got to see it!"
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 9:19 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• good luck
    JazzyMommyx3

Answer by JazzyMommyx3 at 9:31 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Sit him down and say. I have someting good or bad. To me it is good. But I do not know what it will be to you. You are going to be paying me child support,LOL. I mean you are going to be a father.

Answer by louise2 at 9:33 PM on Jun. 26, 2010