question for quiverfull moms!!!!

do you or have you had a homebirth with or without assistance? Would you do it again? Do you believe God should be in control of your birth instead of doctors?

oldfashionSAHM

Asked by oldfashionSAHM at 9:35 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i do not know what exactly a quiverfull is, but i just had my fifth. i had midwives at home with me for 4 out of 5 of my births. i do believe that birth is very natural, and natural birth is probably how God intended it to be. my problem with a lot of the hospital births is that the interventions seem to create emergency situations. i know that there are true emergencies, and i never have a negative thought for anyone that has a hospital birth, it is not for every one. it is nice to have options! my one hospital birth was an emergency. he was 8 weeks early. i thank God every day that there were the medical professional there to take care of my son when he was born!
    i do believe doctors are great for emergency medicine. i do not believe that most child births are medical emergencies.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:10 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I want God in on it, but I want a doctor too.
    TwinkleC

Answer by TwinkleC at 9:36 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• i really won't mind giving birth on my own if it can not be helped but the comfort of having a doctor there in case something goes wrong is a must. God is very important to me, but He gave us doctors for a reason. You do what you can, i guess. the miracle of the baby is enough to show you the workings of God.
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 9:41 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• pretty much what twinklec said!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:41 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• OH BTW! i had a natural birth, one without any epidural and it was a wonderful experience (painful at first but wonderful lol). so that's another route if you don't want the influence of doctors to outweigh the influence of God.
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 9:42 PM on Jun. 26, 2010