teething pain

my son has his first tooth andit is vary painful we tryed oragel and it did not work infent tylenol works for a little bit what els can i do

newmom461

Asked by newmom461 at 9:36 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I always used teething powders for my kids, my grandma told me about it , helped my kids. Its been along time since my kids have been children you use to could buy at the drug store
    TwinkleC

Answer by TwinkleC at 9:39 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• A cold cloth, try putting a baby size wash cloth in the refrigerator, or a teething ring that you cool in the refrigerator. Try having a couple so you always have one on hand.
    artC1s

Answer by artC1s at 9:41 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• You could try getting a teether and placing it in the fridge to get it cold. Also they make teething tablets that I have heard work great! I personally never used them just because with my first she liked the orajel and with my second she cut her teeth so fast that I never even knew she was teething until she would wake up with a new tooth. Good luck! I strongly suggest the teethers though, they always work great!
    pcricket1008

Answer by pcricket1008 at 10:06 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• teething tablets, and a cold wet washcloth. put a washcloth in the freezer for 20 minutes or so and let him chew on it, it workds really very well. My dd hates the water filled teethers.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 10:28 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Frozen, damp washcloths
    hylands teething tabs
    Lots of extra nursing (for comfort as well as nutrition)

Answer by rkoloms at 8:20 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Hylands Teething Tablets you will find are a Godsend! Just do not try the Orajel anymore, that stuff is no good! Anything frozen or cold, like frozen waffles my son loved those! Or frozen bagels, washcloths, toys, etc.
    Miss.Cullen

Answer by Miss.Cullen at 10:46 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Frozen washcloths, teething tablets, gripe water. I've also noticed my son likes to chew on his toys that vibrate when his teeth are hurting him.
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 12:20 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• If you're into homeopathic remedies, my son loves the homeopathic chamomile drops. They're a hunt for sure, (they have baby Eeyore and Pooh on the box) but they work really well. We end up buying out the 2-3 bottles on the shelf when we find it!
    Narakyndryn

Answer by Narakyndryn at 6:30 PM on Jun. 28, 2010