Have you ever let your kids pitch a tent in the backyard for the night?

It's my DD's 17th birthday and she wants to have a couple friends stay in the tent in the backyard.

Cindy18

Asked by Cindy18 at 9:42 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yes.lol but they got afraid and came back in
    Kiki_pie1979

Answer by Kiki_pie1979 at 10:02 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• it would depend on where we lived.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:45 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• No not with all the crazies out there.

Answer by louise2 at 9:44 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

•  When my Son gets older (He's 3), yes, my Husband and I will let Him do that. I did it when I was a kid and loved it. But if We move into a place with a backyard like the one We have now, I'm not too sure We'll let Him. Our backyard is open and anyone can just walk back there (We rent, can't change anything).

ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 9:46 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My son did that when was young. But I agree it depends on where you live.
    TwinkleC

Answer by TwinkleC at 9:50 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Our son's only 2 1/2 so it hasn't happened yet, although we used to do it all the time when we were younger (younger than I am now, lol, not younger than him, haha!). So, depending on where we live when he's old enough (for example, I wouldn't let him if we live right on a main road) I'll allow it. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:51 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• yes. i used to do it all the time as a kid. in the summer time i practically lived in a tent in the backyard! lol

and i've let my LO's do it at their granparents house. they live in a good neighborhood.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 9:51 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I have but I agree it depends on where you live. When my younger ones what to backyard camp I usually camp with them. I always have the dog out with us.
    mom-2-five

Answer by mom-2-five at 10:08 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• i did it when i was like 10... i wouldnt let my 17 yr old do that... u would thiink they wanna sneak in boys or girls...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:31 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Our yard isn't big enough for a tent (the grassy area is like 5' wide by 12' long with patio and the pool on all sides.

I did it once in my next door neighbor's yard when we were kids.  I was 14 or so.  It ended up raining and we got wet despite the tent.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:35 PM on Jun. 26, 2010