how can i get my 19 month little girl drink water

i try give her water and she throw her cup at me

NewMOM69

Asked by NewMOM69 at 9:43 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• only offer her water. nothing else.
    juice isn't really good for anyways. And milk is not really necessary as long as she's getting what she needs from things like cheese and yogurt.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 9:45 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• what i do is put a lil splash of juice in with it to givve it a lil flavor, i have to do that with my son, but my daughter will drink water all day!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 9:52 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Put a little bit of juice in the water so it tastes good and then stick to your guns. If you tell her water, it's only water. Throwing of cup is not acceptable and she needs that explained to her in terms she can understand.
    nytefae

Answer by nytefae at 10:46 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• my son will only drink water if it has been in the fridge and chilled. If i give him room temp water he won't touch it.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 12:11 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Make water the only option. You want her to drink water as she gets older. Try different temperatures, but remember that the goal is also to keep her from being so picky. Stick to your guns, and tell her that cups are for drinking, not for throwing. If she doesn't want to drink, she needs to hand you the cup, not throw it at you.
    Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:23 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• If water is her only option, she will drink it.

If she keeps throwing a cup at you, then you are probably not being consistent with rewards/punishments.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:18 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• When offering water making a "special thing". For example, let him/her drink out of a "big kid" cup or a water bottle. I know my daughter loved drinking out of water bottles. Really letting them drink out of something that couldn't be messy isn't that big a deal with water since it isn't that hard to clean up.

But like someone else said, make sure that water is always cool or cold. Luke warm water isn't has refreshing as doesn't taste as good. Adding crushed ice is always a thing that kids like too.
    Amanda126

Answer by Amanda126 at 9:41 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• My daughter is 2.5 and wont drink water either. What I find is if I put a splash of juice in it for color and flavor she will drink it. Also those crystal light powder that you can put in water, she will drink that. Also I have noticed that because she likes to drink out a straw that if I put a straw inthe cup she will dirnk it just to drink out the straw, but its a struggle to get her to drink water, so I just put a little apple juice init. Better some than none.

lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 12:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• my little know the diffant
    NewMOM69

Comment by NewMOM69 (original poster) at 3:17 PM on Jul. 2, 2010