Step kids vs. the kids you have together?

I have a 4yr. stepdaughter. We do everything together and is pretty much the only child through the whole family. Im worried she is going to be very jealous of our new baby thats due in november. She doesnt like me or her daddy giving any attention to any other baby but her!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have two kids and a step son... I dont show a difference in them at all so they get along fine and don't pull the "mommy likes me better" stuff .. good luck and congrats!
    LovinMyBabies57

Answer by LovinMyBabies57 at 9:50 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• It will be different when it is "her" baby. Make her part of the whole process. Let her know how lucky the baby is going to be to have her as a big sister. Don't draw the line in the sand that she is a step child. She is part of your family and I think you could have a wonderful helper. Start now in helping her prepare. She can help you pick out colors for the nursery, toys for her baby, clothes for her baby, toys from her for her baby. Any child can be jealous of the first baby that comes into the family. Make it special.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 9:52 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• well its probaly better that she is that young.. i have a almost 18 yr old stepson who we had fulltime until november he moved to his moms... he is very jelouse of mine an dhubbys little girl..we never treated him differently or anything,,my mother in law even treats my lil one different.. hubby has a daughter with someone else who he doesnt get to see anymore and his son was just fine with that lil girl...when he lived here he would push baby down and eat and drink up her baby food and juice....he would cry and throw fits on her 1st birthday becouse she got stuff anf he didnt..wierd.....just try to involve her in stuff like feeding,kisses good night,,reading books etc..and keep reminding her she is the big sister and thats a good thing
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 1:51 PM on Jun. 27, 2010