Traveling: When did first travel without your baby? How far? How long? And how did you feel?

pvn34

Asked by pvn34 at 9:50 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Travel

• My first time traveling with baby I was still pregnant (haha). 8 months...it was a miserable trip. After that, the first long trip I took was fifteen hours, baby was about 7 months old. He slept almost the entire way. I stopped more often than normal to feed him, check his diaper, etc but it was really an uneventful trip. We've since been on multiple trips, and he's very good on the road.
    Stormywaters03

Answer by Stormywaters03 at 10:03 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I travel 3.5 hours away. Even when I first had her. No big deal to me. I jut did it.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 10:08 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• we went from nc to indianna when he was 8 months old, and he did fine. slept in the car almost the whole way, had a blast with his cousins, and slept almost the whole way back. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:17 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I left my three boys last fall for a week. I traveled from NWGA to PA. The youngest was just short of three at the time. I brought the baby with me. I wasn't entirely comfortable leaving them but bringing them wasn't an option. They did okay. I'm not sure I would do it again til they were older.
    nytefae

Answer by nytefae at 10:29 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• She was 6 months and sat on my lap for 4 1/2 hour flight. It went well. I was suprised. It was hard finding a place to change her diaper but you just do what you have to. The key is,remember,when they start walking tehn everything changes! They arent so easy to travel with. GL
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 10:37 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Business trips used to take me away from home fairly regularly but the first time I was away from him was on a vacation to Europe; he was 3 years old. I missed him of course but he was in great hands since my parents were taking care of him.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 10:35 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• 7 months, from IL to CA so a 10 hour total day with layover. It wasn't too bad actually. She fell asleep on all the flights, didn't fuss or cry and we made it there just fine...a little tired, but good!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:28 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• i took my god-son he was 9 months old he did pretty good just wasn't happy cause of teething and i pack the oral gel under the bus i made sure i keep it out on the way back cause i felt stupid i didn't the first time when i swear i did but i didn't was from co to il

at the time i was raising him till he was 4 years old
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 7:04 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• We're leaving Wednesday for Greece. Our son is staying with my parents. He is almost 2, and I'm really nervous to be away from him so far away for such a long time (6 days). Like the previous poster said, he'll be in great hands, but I've never been away from him for more than one night and never been more than 30 minutes away from him. I think it's going to be really hard, but there was no way we'd be able to take him with us... he'd hate the 15 hour flight, the itinerary is too hectic (we're going to a wedding), we'd never be able to afford a third ticket for him, and we'd be exhausted and fighting with a 2 year old the whole time.

Ugh, I think it's hard no matter how you slice it.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:09 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Michigan to Tennessee when he was 5 weeks old. He did great for the drive. His second trip was to Africa at 11 weeks.
    NoGoodName4Me

Answer by NoGoodName4Me at 2:13 AM on Jul. 3, 2010