Do you EXPECT your friends and family to attend "all" birthday parties, funerals, gatherings etc.? And if they cant make it would you get upset with them?

rosesrred1

Asked by rosesrred1 at 9:51 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Depends on the relationship and the importance of the event. But no I wouldn't expect anyone to attend everything.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 9:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

•  I don't "expect" anything of anyone, especially something of that nature. It's just not something I do, and really, it shouldn't be something anyone does. It's not fair to anyone to expect anything of them. And as far as not attending certain funtions..that's not something to get mad over. Everyone has their own life, their own agenda..it's not necessary for them to put all that on hold for any function. Even a funeral..if someone can't make it, that's not a reason to be mad at them.

ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 9:57 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• no. they may be family but they still have their own lives. and we live pretty far away.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:57 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• no i dont .life gets busy sometimes.and it is just unrealistic to expect them to attend every thing.
    Kiki_pie1979

Answer by Kiki_pie1979 at 9:58 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• no--that's unrealistic. Family and good friends will make it if they can but they have their own lives and things come up...I wouldn't be upset-unless it was constantly happening-then you might rethink how good a relationship it is
    connorsmom1970

Answer by connorsmom1970 at 10:05 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• The world doesn't revolve around me, even though that would be cool! lol

no i do not expect everyone to go to everything that has something to do with me.
    as far as if i'd be upset or not, that depends on what event, who the person is and what their reason was for not attending.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:06 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• only my close family and friends, anyone else that doesn't show probably wasn't important
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:06 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• NO
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 10:07 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• No, over the years I haven't been able to be at everything they have had. Why should I expect them to be able to do more than I could do?
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:08 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• That really would not be feasible.  There are times when life interferes.  I know for close family, I do try to attend these functions when possible, but it is not always possible.  My best friend missed my baby shower because her husband was on call and got a call out. He was not able to stay at home with the kids.  I had no problem with that.  A family member missed my wedding because their car broke down on the way there.  My sister missed my son's birthday because her son had a championship game that same day.  I wasn't upset with any of them because life happens to all of us. 

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:12 PM on Jun. 26, 2010