Which is more fun being mom or being grandma?

TwinkleC

Asked by TwinkleC at 9:54 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The great thing about being nana is it brings back all those feelings that I had when my boys were little. They would come in and stand in front of me to tell me some amazing story, or funny, or problem. They would be so intent talking and gesturing with that giggle, or tears. My granddaughter is the same way. It just makes this warm feeling rush all over me. She hugs my neck, climbs in my lap, rubs my check, cries on my shoulder, and I remember all that was good about being a mom. I only have 1 granddaughter (right now). She just turned 3 yo. She is my next great adventure. (until one of my sons has grandchild #2 that is!!!)
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:07 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Being a Grandma. I do not have to do the mom thing. I can spoil them , then give them back to the parents.

Answer by louise2 at 10:00 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

•  Well, I'm not a grandma yet (and hopefully won't be for at least another 15 more years, lol), but I'd think being a mom would be more fun, cause you get to be there all the time to watch your child grow and become their own person. As a grandparent, you only get glances every now and then. But that's just how I see it now. Ask me again when my Son becomes a Daddie. ;P

ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 10:01 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• dont know, maybe being grandma because your the good guy while mommy is the one that tells the kids what to do and grandma has has goodies
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:02 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My mom always tells me grandma.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 10:06 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• They are so different and rewarding in their own way. It just fills your heart with a love that I can't explain in words when your daughter gives birth to a perfect little baby. Both loves are so strong yet very different.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 10:07 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Being a Grandma is the Best. When you're a mom its stressful, especially if you're working outside the home also. You don't have the time to appreciate all the little things. Being a Grandma, you're wiser to know life passes too quickly. Everyday I'm thankful and appreciate Gods gift to me.... my special grandchildren. Unconditional love and acceptance without the responsiblity
    of raising them.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 11:28 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• i would think being grandma is easier- you get to give them back when you get tired lol
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 12:31 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• well my son is now 22 and i did enjoy being his mom... but i'm really looking forward to grandkids....until then I just try to see my great-nieces when I can
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 10:07 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Well, I wouldn't know personally, but my mom says being a Grandma is better, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:17 PM on Jun. 26, 2010