Do you leave a potty chair out to play with even if you didn't start training?

My 22 month old is so excited we got her a potty chair. She wants to keep sitting on it and waiting to pee. I haven't started the training nor have I gotten her out of diapers. Should I keep the chair out and keep letting her sit on it(with her diaper off)? Is this a mistake?

worriedmama08

Asked by worriedmama08 at 10:10 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I still have my dds our... shes only 16 monthd but she sits on it, shell take it to another room b herself and sit on it like shes going potty.... lol shes getting used to what its like so when we do potty training it isnt sudden and scares her.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:14 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I let DS (24mos) play w his but now I keep it in the bathroom so he knows where to find it when he's gotta go. Plus when he started using it he was stinking up the rest of the house.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 10:15 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• yes.
    and he started training himself and so i just ran with it! lol
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:15 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• my dd is 22months n she has had her potty since she was about 19months but when she sits on it all she does is say EEEEEWWWWWW...lol its just cute! but i havent full out tried to potty train her bcuz she really shows no interest so imma just wait at least a couple more months...
    MoMMy2aDiVA08

Answer by MoMMy2aDiVA08 at 10:16 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• my 19 month old plays with his all the time :-)

Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 10:19 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• We put one in the bathroom at 15 months just so she wouldn't be afraid of it when the time comes, I never pushed the idea, But I now have a just turned 19 month old that only wears diapers at night and when we are out running errands.
    I have to admit, since i also have a 3 month old in the house, one less sey od diapers is nice.
    I firmly believe every child is ready at their own time, but it is good to associate it to them early.
    I was just extremely lucky, Good Luck
    Armygrl1

Answer by Armygrl1 at 11:35 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• We did, at 18 months. She was in diapers until 4

Answer by rkoloms at 8:16 AM on Jun. 27, 2010