Pregnant with negative tests

Has anyone ever had negative pregnancy test only to find out your really pregnant? I'm shpwing signs of pregnancy but the test I take are all negative. I havent had a period in 2 months but I'm on BC (depo). Should I go to the doctor and get a blood test? My stomach is starting ti pop out like a pregnant belly. When I got the depo shot years ago I had a regular period still this time around its different I've had only 2 periods in 6 months which I figure is normal because of the shot.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 10:17 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Health

• Yes and I just posted something very similar. Im showing negative pregnancy test now but I have a feeling I may be pregnant. With my daughter who is 2.5 now, I took several pregnancy test. I took the 1st at home, negative. Then I went to the clinic to take one, negative. I took 3 more at home, negative. I finally ended up going to the doctor and doing a blood test which came back I was pregnant. All this time was going by and I finally made it to my first appt, at 11 weeks. Had I not taken the blood test, Im not sure how long it would have been before I found out.
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 10:45 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• It is prob just hormone changes b/c of the depo but you may want to get a check-up to make sure everything is ok.
    connorsmom1970

Answer by connorsmom1970 at 10:23 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Its common to have weight gain and no period on depo. Matter of fact most women love that you don't have a period on depo. Word of advice though, depo can really mess you up. I was on it for 4 yrs and had bone density problems because of it. Others have reported fertility issues.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 10:26 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Honestly,a former co worker of mine took a HPT two months in a row and it came up negative, she finally went to the doctor and found out she was, indeed, pregnant. I'd go to the doctor if you feel you could be pregnant.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:30 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I had 3 home test to show neg. and two blood tests to show negative, but I kept insisting that I was preg. (with number3). And they done a exam and my dr. said well your uterus is hard so he went and done a ultrasound and I was. I was going on 4 mos.
    my4loves3

Answer by my4loves3 at 12:34 AM on Jun. 27, 2010