How can I get mustard stain out of my son's new school clothes that I let him wear today??

Yeah, a white t-shirt with some designs on it and an unplanned stop at the burger joint...and his new school clothes have mustard down the front :( So far I soaked in cold water, used OxiClean, washed, the stain was still there, although fainter, so I sprayed w/ Oxi again and its now sitting....plz help

Elizabeth1015

Asked by Elizabeth1015 at 10:22 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I'm looking forward to answers to this. I swear one of the goals of my boys' are to see what stains I can and can not get out. There are few I can not get out and mustard has been one or them.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:24 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I love oxyclean! It takes a little bit of elbow grease and be sure to use a warmer water, but that stuff works wonders. I use the powder and sometimes mix in a little clothes soap. I scrub it in and let it sit for a bit. Then rinse with warm water. Then repeat if needed. I got red icy beverage out of my daughter's white tennis shirt one time... Scared the crap out of me when I saw what she'd done. But it worked!
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 10:25 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• so its ok to use warmer water?? im always scared to set the stain in...
    Elizabeth1015

Comment by Elizabeth1015 (original poster) at 10:26 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I would stop soaking it for now and go get a tide stick(generic is fine) and also shout makes wipes for stain removal, both products work awesome and I have yet to have a stain stick thru them. I hate to say tho it may be too late after allt he other stuff...a tip tho when a stain happens rinse from the back side of the stain, not directly on it. that forces the color out not deeper into the fabrics. good luck.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:36 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• i got mustard out of dd's pink dress with oxy clean. i use the powder. i wet the clothes, put the powder on the stain, and wet it again. the trick is to not let it sit too long because it can bleach the color. you have a white tshirt, so no worries there!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:44 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• The warmer water helps the oxyclean work. I couldn't get the stain out with the cold water. It was successful for me.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 11:11 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Stain Stick has always worked really well for me.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:47 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• http://www.howtogetridofstuff.com/stain-removal/how-to-get-rid-of-mustard-stains/

mrsderekjeter

Answer by mrsderekjeter at 12:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2010