condoms in kindergarten?

well I was just informed by my mom that my grandma heard on tv that they are starting to pass out condoms in kindergarten. I told her I didnt believe that and she told me she believes it because she ordered a book and cd about it....oh my god what is this world coming to? It just makes me sick to my stomach to think that someone could be so stupid to think a 5 year old needs such a thing.

heavenlypeace

Asked by heavenlypeace at 10:30 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• Ha, that reminded me of a South Park episode about sex education in public schools. The kids thought they had to wear condoms at all times...Cartman was peeing in his.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 10:16 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• You hear so many things on tv and read online now. On a lighter note, what are they going to do with them besides make water balloons out of them?
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 10:31 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• thats so not happening. what would be the point of that? and what in the world would they have a book and a cd on that topic for? makes no sense...I think gramma heard something or explained something wrong. lol
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:34 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• If she bought a book and cd off a show that said this I am willing to bet it is one of those TV evangelical shows. They twist facts for shock value so they can make money.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 10:37 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I have to say I don't believe it. There would be major repercussion for any school that was dumb enough to do that.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:32 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I agree with you lifes-a-dance.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 10:33 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I dont believe it, but I agree with the above. Its adults who over generalize things. Give a 5 year old a condom and I guarantee you that 99.9% of them will try and blow it up. That 0.01% who knows what it is, parents should be investigated. 5 yr olds wouldnt know what a condom is even if you told them.
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 10:34 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• If that is true, that is ridiculous! NO ONE would be passing a condom out to MY CHILD at that age. That is disgusting! I do not believe that 5 year olds are having sex.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:37 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• That's not really it and I saw a brief thing on it on the news...but it was a new plan for sex ed. It really was just a poorly written plan when it came to kinders and some people took it the wrong way. The head lady said that obviously they would not be handing out condoms to 5 year olds and that they would be fixing the wording.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 10:44 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• http://www.examiner.com/x-47184-Atlanta-Education-Headlines-Examiner~y2010m6d25-The-new-elementary-school-curriculum-Reading-writing-and-condoms

CRAZY! Thas all i can say!!!
    momofone072506

Answer by momofone072506 at 10:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2010