Is it ok if you have sex while having lots of BH contractions?

I am 35 weeks I have been battling BH contractions for the past couple weeks.. They get really close I get them whenever I move the only time they are better is when I lay down and do NOTHING.. Walking doesn't even help them it makes them worse... I know I should ask the doctor but I go this wednesday so I just wanted to see what everybody else thought!! Thanks for ur answers!

randilinn

Asked by randilinn at 10:37 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would say if the onkly way you are not contracting is to lie down, you need to let your doc know asap. walking will NOT help at all. lay on your left side and drink alot of water....as for sex, when a womans cervix is ripe(meaning ready to dialate) semen can cause labor, its a fact. so I would be very careful and if they get worse please call the doc.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:45 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• yeah
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:38 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I know the semen isn't good, I make him pull out b4 that happens for that reason. yes I know I still would get a little but better then the whole thing I guess... Yeah I called the doc last week because they were getting bad and SHE NEVER CALLED BACK which made me mad.. I ended up calling L&D because they wouldn't slow down but the finally did..
    randilinn

Comment by randilinn (original poster) at 10:52 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I'm pretty sure its okay.
    1happym0m

Answer by 1happym0m at 10:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• i would be too afraid to go into early labor!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:08 PM on Jun. 26, 2010