if you do not vaccinate....

do you breast feed?

happy2bmom25

Asked by happy2bmom25 at 10:38 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I read a book that said if you do not vaccinate, you should breatfeed for up to two years.
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 12:17 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• yes i do
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:39 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• well, i haven't given birth to the kids i currently have.
    but when i do give birth, yes i will breastfeed.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:39 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Why are you not going to vaccinate??? There is a Whooping Cough outbreak in Riverside County, CA. Mainly due to those mothers that choose NOT to vaccinate their children. There is NO DIFFINITIVE REASEARCH THAT PROVES VACCINATIONS ARE BAD. NONE. In fact, all the contrary. You are doing more harm to your child by not vaccinating. People that choose not to vaccine are bringing back diseases that havent been seen in years!

35 cases reported this year in Riverside County. 5 INFANTS under 3 months have DIED. All could have been preventable. I don't know about everyone else, but I would prefer to be safe than sorry.

To answer your question, YES you should definitely breastfeed. Regardless of your vaccination schedule. Breastfeeding is very important and extremely beneficial to baby and mommy. Its imparitive that you at least TRY to BF as long as you can.
    mercilove

Answer by mercilove at 12:58 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I only selectively vaccinate my son and he is still breastfeeding at 10 1/2 months.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:46 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Yes! I breast fed my oldest until he was about 13 months (and his baby brother was due) and I nursed my youngest til he was just over 2. I will nurse this one the same...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:48 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Yes, I breast fed my DD until she was 16 months (had to go on hormonal BC - dried up). I will BF our baby due in October as well.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 11:07 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Yes.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:17 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Yes absolutely!
    Healthytomorrow

Answer by Healthytomorrow at 12:42 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• i was wondering if moms that don't vaccinate are not worried about regular outbreaks of diseases that can be vaccinated against because they provide their babies with breast milk that contains antibodies from mom.
    merci, vaccinating is not for everyone. the California "outbreak" is not from moms not vaccinating. pertussis, they have found comes in 5 year cycles regardless.
    times have changed a lot since vaccines first began...access to quality medical care and clean water are two major changes.
    i am breast feeding my fifth baby now, and i have never had a sick baby. i am sure there are formula fed babies that never get sick too, but i just like to think that breastmilk has something to do with the health of my family.
    happy2bmom25

Comment by happy2bmom25 (original poster) at 1:57 PM on Jun. 27, 2010