Is there a book you have read your kids sooo many time it's literally memorized?

I Love you through and through. I love your top side and your bottom side, I love your inside and outside I Love your mouth and nose and fingers and toes I love you hair and eyes your giggles and cries...

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 10:43 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I can read in red. I can read in blue. I can read in pickle color too.

I can read in bed, and in purple, and in brown. I can read in a circle, and upside down.

I can read with my left eye. I can read with my right. I can read Mississippi with my eyes shut tight!
    Mississippi, Indianapolis, and Hallelujah too! I can read them with my eyes shut, which is very hard to do. But it's bad for my hat, and makes my eyebrows get red hot. So, reading with my eyes shut, I don't do an awful lot.

I will stop now- but I literally can read it with my eyes shut. Which is an amazing feat to perform in front of 27 Kindergartners!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:51 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Are You My Mother? over and over and over again!
    Elizabeth1015

Answer by Elizabeth1015 at 10:46 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• 'the three little kittens' (lost their mittens and they began to cry. meowmeowmeow oh mother dear, we sadly fear our mittens we have lost...etc)..we read this to my twin-nephews when they were toddlers SOOOO much, that i can still recite it...and they were 21 in march. LOL!
    we have a quartet of Cars books (sally, lightning, mater, and doc) that we read all the time to our 5yo ds three years ago. i don't think i've memorized them like i did 'the three little kittens'.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:48 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Goodnight NOLA
    She makes me read that to her 50 times before she will go to bed.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 10:45 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Peek-A-Boo Polor Bear
    Dr.Suses ABC

I actually 'recite' these to my son at bedtime because he has ripped the books apart.
    PotterMom218

Answer by PotterMom218 at 10:45 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• yes dr seuess' The Sleep Book I love it they love it and it works everytime
    bandrplus2

Answer by bandrplus2 at 10:46 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My daughter like all books, but Ive been teaching for 5 years Kindergarten - 1st grade and I know Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, by heart.... A told B and B told C. Ill meet you at the top of the coconut tree. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom will there be enough room... LOL. My daughters likes it too.
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 10:48 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Pete the Cat- I love my white shoes!
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:48 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• What do you know about tweetle beetles?
    Well...

When tweetle beetles fight, it's called a tweetle beetle battle.

And when they battle in a puddle, it's a tweetle beetle puddle battle.

And when tweetle beetles battle with paddles in a puddle, they call it a tweetle beetle puddle paddle battle.

And when beetles battle beetles in a puddle paddle battle and the beetle battle puddle is a puddle in a bottle...

They call this a tweetle beetle bottle puddle paddle battle muddle, and...

When beetles fight these battles in a bottle with their paddles and the bottle's an a poodle and the poodle's eating noodles...

They call this a muddle puddle tweetle poodle beetle noodle bottle paddle battle, and...

It's at the point I don't even need to look at the book anymore.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:53 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

•  Many of them! The one that I could read without even looking at it is Goodnight Moon - it's my Son's favorite book!

ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 11:09 PM on Jun. 26, 2010