What style clothing do you dress your young child in?

What style of clothes do you choose for your young child? My son is almost 4 and I dress him mostly in urban wear clothing, like the plaid shorts and a funky polo shirt...I'm picky about cartoon characters being on his good clothes and I don't like anything too baby-ish. Just curious and boooored.....

Elizabeth1015

Asked by Elizabeth1015 at 10:45 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• is "whatever is clean" a style? lol no I am not too picky unless we are going someplace...then its like he could model for lands end lol.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:46 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Until my son was 7 and started voicing an opinion I dressed him in cargo pants/shorts and polos or plain t shirts.
    I despise cartoon characters on clothes and shoes.
    bandrplus2

Answer by bandrplus2 at 10:47 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Mostly athletic wear for the boys, walmart fashion wear for the girls
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:49 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My son is 9 months, and I dress him in all kinds of stuff. I LOVE baby clothes, lol. He has way more clothes than my husband and me combined, lol. The only think I'm not big on are cartoon characters on the clothing. I'm not big on Disney or Winnie the Pooh, or anything like that. He has quite a bit of tie-dye, and I try to dress him similar to how my husband dresses. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:50 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• when my daughter was little she was quite particular about her clothes, before she became opinionated and wanting to dress in ruffled dresses with puffy sleeves and tights every day i dressed her up like a hippie baby - cordouroy overalls, little hippie dresses, tie-dye t-shirt and jeans, etc. she also liked to dress in her princess costumes and dalmation sweatsuit.

this baby will probably often be dressed as a woodland creature, or hippie or punk rock look... it's just who we are.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:51 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Casual, I get my 22 month old son, 10 yr old, 13 yr old clothes at Old Navy, I love there clothes for boys! I don't have any girls but I seen cute clothes for girls too! Jeans or tan shorts, cute top.
    MinnieMouse8

Answer by MinnieMouse8 at 10:52 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I like to dress my daughter for the age that she is. Some of the clothes today, are to old looking I think.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 10:52 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My kids are 4 1/2, 2 1/2, and 5 months. I went from dressing my first baby in whatever I could find at garage sales and thrift stores, to dressing them almost entirely in Gymboree clothes. I typically buy shirts with a picture on the front, either an animal or some object and either plain or matching pants. My boys wear polo shirts and my girl wears dresses to church or other nicer events.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 10:56 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• definately in pretty boy clothes....polos...cargo shorts...white(ish) sneakers...i love for him to look "frsh" but its tiring so i dont know how long it will last lol
    april262009

Answer by april262009 at 11:04 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

•  My Son is 3 and He wears I guess what you'd call "casual wear". There are some things We'd never dress Him in, though He looks handsome in anything He wears. =] He likes to pick things out, too.

ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 11:08 PM on Jun. 26, 2010