TMI....Its hurts....

When i try to pass a bowel movement, it hurts. It feels like im pushing in labor again or pushing out a rock. Then when i wipe theres some blood....

Im also having some abdominal pain and a weird looking discharge/foul odor...

I dont know which problem to talk first....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Health

• Idk I would ask my doctor.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 10:51 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Have you given birth recently?

It sounds like you need to increase fiber and water intake, decrease dairy intake. A stool softener would help since it sounds as if you are badly constipated (it happened to me after my first baby was born). It is common for this to happen after giving birth, particularly after your first baby. You need to make sure you are able to have a bowel movement soon. If you go too long without passing it the stool could become impacted and you would have to go through a messy and embarrasing procedure to help remove it. (I had a family member who warned me of this, so I took the stool softener!)
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 10:58 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

•  Please go to a doctor - for both issues! That doesn't sound pleasant. I hope you're ok.. =/

ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 11:06 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• have you tryed an enema? they work really good and are pretty cheep. go to your local drug store and get one. also get yourself a nice magazine or a book. lol

when you get home make sure that you will have some privacy, (kids sleeping or something like that). i like to lay on my bathroom floor on my left side ( i put a blanket down). then i insert the enema, push the fluid in and lay on my left side. then you hold it in for as long as you can. this is where your book/magazine comes in handy. they when you cant hold it anymore, go to the toilet. good luck, i hope this helps. :)
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 11:08 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• The pain with the BMs is most likely hemmoroids. Is the blood bright red? You can get a stool softener to help or they also have suppositories. Blah I had them so I feel your pain. As far as the discharge goes, you should see your gyno about that. Could be an infection. If you want to check before you spend the money for an office visit, I believe they have an at-home screening kit available in drugstores now for vaginal infections. Its either Monistat or Vagisil brand.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:09 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• First of all you probably need to try a stool softener. Second of all, you might be constipated. Third, you really should see a doctor just to rule out anything major (like a blockage in your intestines).
    emilex

Answer by emilex at 12:43 AM on Jun. 27, 2010