have you ever made your own wine?

we used to go to a shop, and we picked our juice, they fermented it for us and when it was ready we went to the shop and bottled it ourselves.

happy2bmom25

Asked by happy2bmom25 at 10:57 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Yes, It is a great hobby that doesn't take to much time except on day one and the day you bottle.
    We use ours as gifts and even made a huge special batch that was bottled for a Unit Ball, it was a huge hit.
    Armygrl1

Answer by Armygrl1 at 11:15 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My son left a juice cup under the couch so long it could have qualified... But no. I'm allergic to wine. I have made my own beer though... Moonshine too.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:58 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My husband makes his own wine and beer. He's really good at it. People have offered to buy it from him, but he just gives it as gifts. He's thinking of entering some competitions, though. He also makes some hard apple cider around Christmas time that is delicious!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:59 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Funny you ask this because I didn't know anything about making wine, but I was watching a show about people in prison making wine and they put 1 gallon of orange juice in a bottle with like a cup of sugar and let it sit for 2 days. I was amazed and immediately wanted to try it ... my husband laughed at me haha
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:59 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Lol once or twice in a sippy cup but the real stuff? no.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 11:45 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• No, but I sure don't mind getting it as gifts.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 11:03 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• When I lived in Italy, I helped my landlord make his annual wine. He went up to Montepulciano and got the grapes and did the rest of it in his garage. It was interesting to help out and I think I still have a few bottles left.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:08 AM on Jun. 27, 2010