my 5 year old : (

my son tyler... he has been having a lot of trouble sleeping ! he sleeps with a hat on because he dosent want bugs to go in his ears ! he puts all his toys upside down because he doesnt want them to come alive and hurt him! and sleeps with his cars in his shirt incase they do come alive and take him he can drive away ! any new toy he gets must stay out of his room in the living room till the toy gets to know him better and wont hurt him! HELP!

He wakes up sceard ! crying ! hes not nuts though! hes smart plays normal tipiacl rough 5 year old boy !

i think its a toy story thing.... but its really upseting him.. hes loosing sleep

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• ocd??
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:01 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• That sucks! Poor little guy! :( I wish i had a good answer for you!
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 11:02 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I was just going to ask if he watched any tv shows or movies where the toys come alive and hurt people. I would just try and explain to him that its not real. I'm sure he'll get over it. I went through a phase where I thought spiders and rolly pollies were in all my shoes when I was little. Haha
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:03 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Poor little guy! Try this. Get a spray bottle and put water in it. Then tell him you got this magic spray and it takes away scary bugs and anything else he is afraid of. It even gets rid of bad dreams. Spray it around the room every night when he goes to bed. Spray it in the closet and under the bed. Magic flashlights that are left close to the bed for him to use help. I even had a magic wand that I bought that had magic powers that kept my kids safe. Think like a child and create a safe environment anyway you can. Hang in there! Hopefully this will end soon.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 11:03 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I was going to ask if he has seen toy story lol

Have you tried talking with him and explaining that the movie was just pretend and not real?

Or buy a toy box that you can lock shut and have him pick up his toys every night and put them in the box.

if it is persists and is extremely interferring with his sleep and well being, then i would suggest taking him to see a child psycologist who can help him get over his fear/phobia

good luck!
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:03 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• oh ... yeah toy story :( just reassure him
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:04 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Can you move the toys out of his room and into another room or basement? I would do it to help him through this.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 11:04 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My husband just reminded me that we used a night light that we told our girls when it was on, all scary monsters didn't like it. The light hurt them and they moved away. They are only little once and creating something that gives them control works the best.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 11:05 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Lifes-A-Dance --- you stole my idea lol! :)
    momofone072506

Answer by momofone072506 at 11:06 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I was going to mention that it's probably based on something he seen.. then you mentioned toy story..

perhaps you can sit down with him and maybe show him a video/documentary on how toys are made, and explain that toy story is just a movie. Not sure what show he go the bug thing from..

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:13 PM on Jun. 26, 2010