How do you get your faith back?

I have NO faith anymore…I was raised in a VERY religious household and I can remember having faith and believing in God when I was younger but, It seems like the older I get and the more I research things about religion and science the less I believe. I swear that where I am right now I don’t even think there is a God….I want to have faith though.. I just can’t seem to wrap my brain around it.. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Ill pray for you.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 11:09 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• A lot of the time I feel that way too, and then I have those special spiritual expiriences and know in my heart there is a God, He loves us, and I need Him. Those times where you feel that overwhelming feeling of love and grattitude, of truth and of light. I cannot deny it.
    Start saying your prayers regularly and searching the scriptures. Apply it to your life. When i'm doing just those two things I'm such a better person...i'm more loving towards people, I have more patience with my children, I have an understanding with people......my days just go better. I don't think that's coincidence(sp?).
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:10 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Just be open to it and look for signs in your every day life. Try praying. At first it may seem like no one is listening, but from personal experience, you'll start seeing your prayers being answered. Or, just pray for God to help you believe and guide you.There is obviously something that is trying to tell you not to give up faith completely, or you would have by now. Having true faith is one of the biggest struggles a lot of people go through in life, so you're not alone. I wish you the best!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:10 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Get back to the basics :)
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:11 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Here are some good books you could read:
    The Case For Christ by Lee Strobel
    The Case For Faith by Lee Strobel

Here is a good resource for listening material as well as reading material. You can search this site by any topic you choose as well. RZIM
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 11:13 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• It's hard once you've researched, isn't it? Maybe decide what you believe and go from there. Maybe a different religion fits you better? Good luck!
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 11:14 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• LovingSAHMommy I like your answer.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 11:15 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Here's my opinion.

You will never be able to wrap your mind around God. A God smaller than that, wouldn't be a God worth following.

My suggestion? Just ask God, "If you're real, please show me and help me to trust you." If you make that your daily prayer, I promise you he will answer you.

I believe God hates "religion." It's too "Pharisee-like." When you look at a relationship with God as a set of rules, it's just not as appealing as a relationship - which is what he wants.

I pray you find what you need.
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 11:19 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Go back to the Bible. All the answers are there you just have to look for them AND want to see them. So many signs are shown to us every day, but if we're not open to them and willing to see them then we overlook them or cast them off as nothing. God loves you and has a plan for you and maybe this is His way of pushing you to learn even more about Him and grow in Christ like never before! :)
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 11:20 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• LovingSAHMommy I like your answer."

Thanks! For that, you get a "+", lol!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:21 PM on Jun. 26, 2010