Should I?

My mother-in-law is having a small gathering but my 6 week old baby has a hoarse voice. She doesn't cry alot. I think it may have been the way she cried that did it. Anywho, should i bring her over or not. I feel so bad and she sounds so bad. There will be other relatives there and I think that they may feel that something is wrong with her. I just wanted an opinion. I'm scheduled to bring her to the Dr on Tuesday.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would bring her.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 11:11 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• id take her....
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:11 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• As long as you think your baby would handle the get together well, and she seems to be feeling up to it. I wouldn't worry about the way she sounds..if they ask just tell them you are already sceduled to see the doc and you're sure she is/will be fine.

i don't see why it would really be an issue though
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:12 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Ehhhh that's a good question. It wouldn't be smart if you think she's coming down with something because her immune system could already be compromised. I was weird about taking my son to "public" functions when he was a newborn. If you really think its just from the crying though, then I'd think it'd be alright as long as she isn't passed around from person to person the whole time.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:12 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Does she have croup? I'd take too...
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 11:12 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I wouldn't bring her. I'd send my regrets and explain your baby isn't feeling quite right. If she is fighting off something and she comes in contact with someone who isn't feeling well, she may get sick. I know their immune systems are quite strong at that age, but I wouldn't take the chance. There will be other opportunities to get together when your baby is feeling better.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 11:13 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• If you bring your baby just make sure you tell everyone that she may be getting sick so you do not want anyone else touching her, holding her, or basically breathing on her. But they can take a peak and that's it.

I was like that for the first 2months of my ds life and he wasn't coming down with anything, Other people were sick though
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:14 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I don't think i'd bring her ...but i've never raised an infant.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:16 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Bring her.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 11:19 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I would not bring a newborn to an event if you think she is getting sick. Also if her immune system is already down you don't want her to catch something else and then have to be hospitalized.

With that said I wonder if she has trachea malaysia...My last baby sounded very raspy and congested and just odd and it turned out he had this along with reflux. He always sounded almost sick but never was.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 11:32 PM on Jun. 26, 2010