My son poops in the bathtub.....

Almost every time he has a bath. He's 14 months old and I know it's way too early to potty train, but I'm thinking about buying a potty chair and putting him on it when he's about to poop in the bathtub. Any ideas?

MomMom23

Asked by MomMom23 at 11:18 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• That's exactly what you need to do, get him a potty chair! The fact that he poops every time he gets in the tub could be a sign that he is ready to potty train. He may be going in the tub because when you get in warm water, your muscles relax all over, even your colon relaxes, so it's that much easier to go in the tub for kids. Buy a potty chair and have him sit on it a few minutes before bathtime. If he doesn't go, fine, but if he goes in the tub, make sure that you point out that he is supposed to do that on his potty, not in the bath. Also, make sure you make a big deal about the potty, let him help you pick it out, set it up, etc, make him a part of it. Our son is 22 months old and has been potty trained since he was 19 months old and he would give us signs too, like squatting in a corner or grabbing his diaper in the front or back. Give the potty a try, and good luck!
    tippymorgan08

Answer by tippymorgan08 at 5:16 PM on Jun. 27, 2010

• give him a bath right after hes pooped in his diaper.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:19 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Thats what i did.. and still do with my 2 1/2 yr old lol

my hubby is terrified of this happening lol

good luck,

oh and i think the potty chair is a good idea too, couldn't hurt
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:20 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Hahaha oh dear I dread the day when this happens to me. LOL I say go for the potty chair as well. Better in there than in the tub!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:22 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• have him sit on the toilet right before his bath.
    my son used to poop in the bath tub too.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:26 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• put him on the potty first.
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 12:49 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Cont'd.....I've tried waiting until he poops in his diaper. It doesn't matter if he's gone 3 times already, he still goes in the bathtub.
    MomMom23

Comment by MomMom23 (original poster) at 11:24 PM on Jun. 26, 2010