What do you all think of the Texas GOP party platform for 2010?

I am gonna be honest...parts of it make me REALLY upset!!!
http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0621/tx-gop-platform-jail-mexicans-criminalize-sodomy-gay-marriage-felony/

momofone072506

Asked by momofone072506 at 11:29 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• sounds like typical texas politics to me and unfortunately that F'ed up mentality has been dominating that party and other conservatives across the country. gag.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:31 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• its dumb
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:34 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Most of it pretty much turns my stomach. Let's have a platform built on hate and discrimination. Hooray!
    Cassidhes_Mom

Answer by Cassidhes_Mom at 11:38 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• That's what wins votes in Texas.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:40 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• THIS is a bunch of CRAP. I am so sick of Fox NEWS being labeled as unfit when THIS CRAP is used as a source....

The Raw Story is a liberal weblog news, politics and  founded in 2004. Updated continuously, it is known primarily for its investigative reporting. The Raw Story currently covers politically convenient daily local, world and economic news and publishes its own editorials and investigative pieces. According to their own masthead, Raw Story has been reported and featured inThe New York Times , The Guardian, LAWeekly, the New York Post, the Toranto star, The Hill,Rolling stone , The Advocate, Rollcall, and Hustler.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:54 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Come on people! If we are just going to be able to quote the man in the moon its going to get pretty boggy in here.....
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• here is a link from the actual source:

https://www.1888932-2946.ws/TexasGOP/E-ContentStrategy/userfiles/2010_RPT_PLATFORM.pdf

I don't agree with all of it, but I do agree with some of what I read.  Not so much about the sexuality part (starts on pg. 6).    After reading the articles from other sources I was a bit bothered, but after reading the pdf, I have to say, it's not that far off of what they normally use as a platform.  I don't see what the big deal is. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:57 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Here is the link from the site I got the PDF from:

http://www.texasgop.org/inner.asp?z=2

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:58 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Well, I'm not getting into some parts of it, I don't live there, and I really don't want to get into those subjects. However, there are parts that I would LOOOVE to see as law, such as, ending the lottery (the schools don't get that much in the end), restrict citizenship to children born in the United States whose parents are citizens (this really does make sense to me), legalize corporal punishment in public schools; mandate that evolution and global warming be "taught as challengeable scientific theory"; and (THIS is the absolute BEST PART OF ALL!!) demand that Congress evict the United Nations from U.S. soil and end American membership in the global body. So, like most of all the races, there are parts I agree with and parts I don't so much.... Maybe they could just start with that last one, and go from there? We really need to get rid of the UN... like NOW!!!!!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 12:01 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Thanks Quinn. Thats ALL i ask. Come on! At least TRY and be fair good grief! Reliable sources...
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:01 AM on Jun. 27, 2010