When your daughter or son called you mommy did you just not melt?

when my daughter called me mommy for the first time, I jut loved it.

sta517

Asked by sta517 at 11:36 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It was the best feeling EVER!!
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 11:37 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I have not really had that.
    When i started caring for my SS he called everyone mommy. (that stage, ya know).
    when my adopted son started to call me mommy it was bitter sweet due to our unusual circumstances.

i have no biological children of my own.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:38 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• It was good the first million times, but when teen dd called me that today cause she wanted something from Walmart, it was like, oh heck no,,,do not call me by my mommy tilte! Ask me as mom,,do not even go there!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:40 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I loved it with my son and can't wait for it from my daughter.
    My most favorite one though was the mother's day after my son turned one. I was getting a sleep in and he was knocking on the door and I said "I'm going to have a little sleep, go play with daddy, I'll be out soon. I love you!" and I hear this little "La-loo!" from the other side of the door.
    It was the first time he had ever said "I love you" and it was to ME and on mother's day to boot.
    Ugh. I love my kids.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 11:41 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• i think that your children are so lucky to have such a special mommy like you!!! "outstandinglove"
    sta517

Comment by sta517 (original poster) at 11:43 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I still melt and my son is about to be four. Tonight while I was giving him "lovins" goodnight he said "Mommy, I love you." then "Mommy, I love you in my heart." then "Mommy I love you so much." My husband has been messing with me telling me that our daughter, who is 15 months, is all about him now and he's the favorite (haha, she is on a Daddy kick!), so tonight when I came to our bedroom I told him he may have won her over temporarily but he doesn't stand a chance with my little boy, lol, he is going to be a Mommy's boy forever!
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 11:45 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

•  Of course! The first time my Son cried, said the "ma-ma" sound, called me Momma then Mommie, and said "I love you"..each and every one of those was music to my ears. I love my Son so much, and everything He says and does! He has the cutest voice, and the cutest way of doing things. It's fascinating watching Him learn and grow each day. He's my world and He knows it!

ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 11:57 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• The word "mommy" is something I waited years and years to hear. Finally I was blessed, and I cannot ever hear the word "mommy" enough!!
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 10:01 AM on Jun. 27, 2010