moms that are having twins and moms that had twins plz read

what are the pregancy signs of having twins? what signs have you had? tell me everything

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think the biggest sign would be getting big quick.
    marilyp

Answer by marilyp at 11:45 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• * Weight Gain

Early weight gain of up to ten pounds in the first trimester can result due to increased blood volume and uterine size. By the end of the second trimester, most mothers of twins have gained fifteen to twenty-five pounds, whereas singleton pregnancies usually produce gains of ten to twenty pounds.

* Measuring large for gestational age

Increased uterus size can be a strong indicator of multiple pregnancy. However, most women measure larger and show earlier with subsequent pregnancies, so don't be alarmed if you can't fit into your jeans after six weeks of pregnancy with your second child even if you didn't wear maternity clothes until twenty weeks with your first baby.

* Severe morning sickness symptoms, including nausea and vomiting

Some moms of multiples do report that their symptoms were increased with twins, as opposed to their singleton pregnancies.
    marilyp

Answer by marilyp at 11:47 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• That is what i have always heard was early weight gain but it doesnt always mean it either. Some it can be high homone leverls also. U/s is really the only way to know for sure!
    mom2wy

Answer by mom2wy at 1:43 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• i found out very early that i was carrying twins. I had some bleeding in week 5, and i went to the doctor to make sure everything was ok. The ultrasound confirmed we were pregnant with twins. I'm 21 weeks pregnant now, and honestly its not all that different than my first pregnancy which was a singleton.
    LBD3910

Answer by LBD3910 at 11:05 PM on Jun. 27, 2010