Do you care how big your babies/kids are?

It seems so dumb that I would care, but I really do. It bothers me so much that my babies are born huge that I get jealous when someone has a little 6 lb 18 inch baby. I feel like I missed out and my babies never seemed like newborns. And then they don't stay big, so I have to worry about their growth when they barely double their birthweight in a year but are still tall. But they don't stay tall and thin, after their weight drops down (and even off) the chart, then thier height does. So I miss the tiny newborn stage have to constantly hear comments about how huge my babies are, and then by the point that I would want my kid to start growing and being tall I notice that the formerly little tiny babies are now about 2 inches taller than my kid. Ugh! I just noticed this today with my 4 year old son and his friend and I had to vent. Sorry.

mybella81

Asked by mybella81 at 11:47 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• My daughter was 9lbs 3 oz. I felt like I was robbed of the baby stage too! She still is really tall for her age, but she's healthy and that's what's important to me:)
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 11:49 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My smallest baby was 7lbs 14oz. Honestly, I was glad mine were bigger, they didn't seem so frail. So many people in our church, relatives, etc, have those little 6lb babies and I always feel like I have to be so much more careful! It never bothered me that mine were big. They are all tall and slender, yet relatively high on the charts, at their current ages.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 11:49 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I feel like I was robbed of the baby stage too my last baby was well over 9 lbs and 22 inches long my smallest baby was 8lbs and 21 inches long
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:51 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I am right there with you!
    When the doc put my oldest on my tummy after he was born I was in SHOCK... I said to myself "that isn't a baby, he is a toddler." He was 8.5lbs and 22 inches long. He was a moose! My next baby was even bigger at 9.1lbs.

Finally my third baby was smaller, but not by much. He was 8.1lbs and only 19 3/4 inches. But that is still big!

Big hugs Momma, you are not alone!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:52 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I was a little taken aback by my boys sheer size at birth but honestly I'm kind of glad about it now because they don't seem so breakable.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 11:52 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My son was 9lbs 5oz. He was long and lean.
    However my daughter was a 7lb9oz little ball of love, so I've had the pleasure of a big baby and a wee one.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 11:51 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Nope I'm happy that I have a chubby baby! My son was 8.3 when he was born and I still thought he was tiny! I don't know anyone out there who thinks skinny, scrawny babies are cute. Everyone I know loves the chunky ones that have the chubby cheeks you can pinch, and 3 rolls on their legs. My son is 10 1/2 months old and weighs 23lbs. He is also 30 in tall. He's just a big boy! My grandma is constantly commenting on how big he is and that I need to stop feeding him so much and all this other shit. I don't listen to a word she says. He's in the 75th percentile for height and weight so he is perfectly proportioned.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:51 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• my dd was 8.8 and 21 inches. she was big. and she was up until about 6 months ago i started noticing she is kind of on the small side now.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:52 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My daughter was 7 lbs at birth, but I did care as she got older and bigger.. She has been in the 95th percentile from about six weeks, she has always been WAY big for her age and I am so careful about what I allow her to eat because I don't want her to be too "big"..
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 11:53 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My son was born 8lbs 13ounces
    He is almost 8 months is about 20lbs and a little over 2 feet, i believe 2ft 3 inches

I love his size, he weighs a lot but seriously looks like half the size of other babies his weight the pedi said it was due to muscle mass, he's a strong boy and trying to walk at 7months.

I love his chubby thighs, strong legs and arms, chunky cheeks, love love love
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:57 PM on Jun. 26, 2010