is it wrong to ask this?

im due in 5 weeks...well i already have a 1 yr old boy and the plan when i go into labor is to have my mil watch after him...my bf also wants her to watch him while im in recovery at the hospital so he can stay there with me and our new baby boy at the hospital...i asked my bf if he would stay at home while im in recovery so he could watch our son...not because i want our new son to myself just because i want my son to be comfy in his own bed for those 2 days im in the hospital. is it wrong for me to be upset that he refuses to do that?....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't think so. I'm sure you are concerned about your 1 year old and that is perfectly normal. I'd want him to be as happy and comfortale as he could be too!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:54 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• he wants to be with you and make sure you are all right. He most likely feels like its his responsiblity to take care of you at this time. Could you maybe compromise and the first day/night he is with you at the hospital and the second at home with your other child?
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:54 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• No, I don't think so.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 11:57 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Could your MIL come over to your house and watch him there? Then he'd at least still be in his bed and such.
    cjsjellybean

Answer by cjsjellybean at 12:00 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I had my husband do that with our second and third babies. It was an overwhelming time for me and the older kids so it was nice to just be able to take the time at night to focus on sleep and the new baby. My husband preferred it because he could sleep in our bed, shower and come up early the next morning with the kids. Then he would hold the baby most of the time that he was there. Hope it works out for you!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:51 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I would say ask your MIL to come to your house is a good idea! Also I agree your bf wants to protect you both and is probably worried bout baby and not being there with you both. Also maybe your son and MIL would love to have some time together!
    mom2wy

Answer by mom2wy at 1:26 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Could you have your MIL watch your son during the day so SO can be with you, then he can go home with your older son at night?
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:58 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• There's nothing wrong with your hubby staying with your son. Is there someone that can stay at the house with him so your hubby can be with you?
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:29 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I totally see your point, but i also see his point. He probably wants to have time with the baby as much as you do, he also might feel uncomfortable leaving you there afterward. anything can happen and i'm sure he wants to be there in case anything does. I'm sure your son will be fine. it's not horrible for them to stay with grandma. i'm sure he'll actually have fun :) would you want to leave the hospital without your baby and husband if that were your choice?
    young-not-dumb

Answer by young-not-dumb at 2:59 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I'd have him bring in your son everyday. He wants to share the joy of a new baby as much as you do. Maybe he can spend the morning with your son, and then go home to put him to bed at MILs house. It'll be less hectic for your son.
    Mandiii04

Answer by Mandiii04 at 4:43 AM on Jun. 27, 2010