Kagan?

Yes or no? Better choice than Sotomayor or more of the same?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 11:58 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Difficult question. Better, I think. But I actually haven't been following her that much. What's your opinion, NP?
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:01 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• Better.

But she's a politician. Do we ever really know for sure?
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:02 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I think... I would like "more" from her.

I've decided I'm not going to get my panties in a wad about it. She's going to be confirmed, it's pretty rare that they wouldn't, and the GOP is just pounding to pound because they know a lot of us are after their jobs. It's like a large dog and pony show.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:03 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I still want to see how she does in the hearings. In general, I think we have way too much Ivy on the court - and that it's been an issue for a long time. How do you really get a variety of perspectives analyzing a law when they've all been churned out of the same few schools with the same rules and biases?
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 12:04 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• That's a good point, NP. I hadn't thought of it that way. It would be better if the mix was more "mixed", not so much Ivy League law school. What good is diversity in color and sex if their education is cookie cutter same?
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:14 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I don't know much about her except she's a politician. You see one you see them all! I don't trust any of them except I may trust a woman more than a man. A woman politician is a terribly difficult job as it consists principally with dealing with men!
    zoolady12

Answer by zoolady12 at 7:09 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• As long as Obama does not get to replace a conservative judge, I will be happy.

If he does there will be nobody to stop him from his socialist agenda, and turning himself into another Chavez or Castro...

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 8:00 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• She has some serious problem with the military. They are really looking into that now. I still think she will be confirmed to the detriment of the Country. Remember this is a lifetime position.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:07 AM on Jun. 27, 2010

• I would love to see a white protestant male be nominated. My husband thinks his demographic has been over looked, swept under the carpet, vilified, or turned into the worse thing to be in this country. He wonders who represents his interest.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:44 AM on Jun. 27, 2010